Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Dennis Erb Jr.

I was generalizing...I guess you can say I mentioned his name, but def was not talking about him up specifically, everybody just gets crazy and runs with it when they see his name...

Quote Originally Posted by Mason87 View Post
    Had to slide pierce in there lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Good Luck...this point has been made going on three pages now.

Just don't tell him that Bobby doesn't race for a living, without Hoker picking up a huge piece of the tab. The world might end.
    Bobby can probably make a living at it?? So Hoker pays the bills and Bobby is "racing for a living?"

Dennis Erb races as much or more than Bobby, and has done so for years, and he's just a "hobby" racer.

Bobby is "bringing home 400k+ a year," (your words) the rest of his career...pretty bold statement, and completely false.

Bringing home!?!? So after expenses, he still managed to earn 400k. Clearly, your eyes are Brown!!!

Please post all the previous years he has won 400k in a single season below...let alone "bringing home," 400k.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    He all so POPed 180K in motors that year
    Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Is there another Bobby Pierce we don't know about? I have a feeling we might be waiting awhile.
    Another Bobby....you better hope not.
    You and the other four Bloomer fans on 4m would really be outnumbered then.
    We feel really outnumbered now. lol

If you're having to quote 7 posts at a time, well, just sayin.
    8/13/16

Illtsate32 stirs up crap then wonders why people come at him. Bobby’s name shouldn’t of been in his initial post with bloomer and Moyer. I’m still trying to decide for myself if this guys smart by getting everyone going all the time then sitting back enjoying the show or if he’s being honest about his opinion(s) and just a complete moron

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Have Know him for Years and HE does make a living racing. and I have given you the space you do not deserve. But not no more. But you my friend are a MORON.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Have Know him for Years and HE does make a living racing. and I have given you the space you do not deserve. But not no more. But you my friend are a MORON.
    The moron side of him was shown to all of us a good while back. I with you on Erb. I've followed his career from the very beginning. This fella doesn't know squat about Dennis. Just a guy who thinks he does.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

well GL to Erb & Heather this year

Dennis is a hard working guy, and moving to WoO i think is a good thing. He just needs to gain back a little speed, fell off a little the last couple years. Probably in the Engine department.

Anyway, i wish much success to him and all involved.

Just say no...

I wasnt much of an erb fan growing up...but I remember him and his dad racing together and I always thought that was cool...after his dad died...he jumped on the hava Tampa series and after that when he came back to his roots he was like a totally different animal...
    The experience he got on that tour showed...very few race 100% for a living....where or who they get their money to race on is no business of mine...some get it handed to them...some have to work for it...some dont have it...bottom line is as long as they can get the money to race then have at it!

I read he has new XR1's and Clements engines. Has he always ran Clements?

This thread is a bunch of horse (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)... illstate32 is a moron

I read he has new XR1's and Clements engines. Has he always ran Clements?
    He ran a Clements last year. The year before he had a Vic Hill and ran a Jay D1ckens for a couple of years before that.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Erb has decided to follow the Woo tour this year. What's everyone thoughts on his decision?
    unless he revamped his whole operation I don't know if that even a good idea.

It seems, that if the money won at the track, doesn't cover the payroll, it is a hobby. That makes almost any racing, a hobby, from F1, NASCAR,WOO sprints, Midgets, LM even Go Karts.

I'm not sure, but a good Racer has to have sales experience to sell himself to sponsors, To be successful. It may be more important than driver skills.

That must mean, there have been no professional racers since the 70s.

Looks like everybody is beginning to have an Illtaste in their mouths!!!!! hahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
    So please tell me what his occupation is then?????????????????
    I asked the same question and it was conveniently ignored. I also said you could use Illtsate's logic and substitute Pierce's name for Erb's and say the same thing as far as "the family pays the bills so he can race as a hobby" and got no response.

Some people don't like it when their own argument is turned on them.
    Last edited by NormP; 01-31-2019 at 03:42 PM.

I always thought Dennis owned the automotive shop in Carpentersville and had someone run it for him. That would be income for his race team. I wouldn't necessarily consider it a job, especially if you have a good reliable person to operate it for you. As far as a actual job, their is no way he could have one and race as much as he does.
    8/13/16

He leases the shop super cheap from a guy.

16 WoO races are in IL, WI, MI, IN, or IA. That is why I think erb is running the tour now. And he gets to run 15 Summer Nationals races in IL.

It's always amazed me how people can race as much as he does, and only have 2 people working on the car. He did have a guy with him a few times last year right after Heather broke her arm, he also had the same guy with him in 2016 and 2017 a few times. It makes me wonder if this same guy doesn't help out at the shop, and only hits the road when needed.

It's basically another full time job keeping a car straight just for a regional racer. I couldn't imagine what it would be like doing it for someone who races as much as he does, he gets my nod.