Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dennis Erb Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamped View Post
    With the exception of guys who have or are backed by someone with loads of money, I have no idea how anyone could race for a living.
    Exactly my sentiments...

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Illtsate32,

"How in the sam heck does Erb race for a living?"

You answered your own question. HE RACES. Look at his schedule the last few years. Nobody pulls through more pit gates.

Only Bloomer, Moyer, and Pierce can say they race for a living!?!?

Richards? B-Shepp? JD? Owens? EPJ? O'Neal? Madden? T-Mac?
    Seems to me there's a handful of guys doing it for a living.
    True even though half of those guys arent flipping the bill...but I agree if a guy gets 30% of his winnings and can pull 300k a year, thats not a bad living thats 90 k...if thats all he does is drive and draw a check...

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    No way you are serious here.
    Highside a select few who can just drive and bring in hundereds of thousands in winnings, for a decent cut then yes you can race for a living I stand corrected...

It will be nice to see him at Shawano which is Heather's hometown.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Just seems last year or two here he’s really fallen off. Personally. I think he needs to get out of the rockets, don’t think it fits his driving style. He really excels around the bottom or middle of the track he’s not one to be up on the cushion where the rockets seem to excel. Good move on his part moving to WOO, Lucas is going to be too competitive for the way he’s been running. But running. Good or bad he usually coming home with a clean car, he’s not one to tear much up which allows him to race as much as he does which in the past he was racing as much as anyone in the country. Maybe running around Illinois a bit more gets him going again. I always see his trailer parked at a shop in Carpentersville but don’t seem to even be open anymore or tonhave a garage area in it. Not sure if that was his old mans shop or not. Been meaning to catch him in the pits and ask him.

^^^^ that's his dad's old shop. It was called the Algonquin auto haus. Someone else might be able to fill us in in on what it was. I just know that is the return address on his packages if you order a shirt off of him. On Google earth, you can see his hauler sitting in the street view pic with a pretty nice looking BMW sitting there with it.

If Dennis gets his qualifying woes figured out...he's gonna be dangerous.

He passes plenty of cars come feature time, and he doesn't pull in after a race with a car that looks like it was in a demo derby.

Hard to win starting from 12th or further back all the time. I'd like to see Dennis have a huge 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    ^^^^ that's his dad's old shop. It was called the Algonquin auto haus. Someone else might be able to fill us in in on what it was. I just know that is the return address on his packages if you order a shirt off of him. On Google earth, you can see his hauler sitting in the street view pic with a pretty nice looking BMW sitting there with it.
    The car is a 2017 BMW M5. When new was easily an 80 thousand dollar car. The 2019s are over a 100k.

Quote Originally Posted by JCSullivan00 View Post
    The car is a 2017 BMW M5. When new was easily an 80 thousand dollar car. The 2019s are over a 100k.
    I’m going to say that’s heathers car out front and his truck parked on the other side of the rig

it amazes me that when some one gets down a little , some start with " it must be the chassis " , those days are over because there is not a dime worth of difference in the geometry of any of the top chassis , its all the stuff you fasten to them that counts .....JMO.......

His Old Lady Make big bucks at United Air Lines it could be hers. Seen her in a BMW be for.

That’s a crappy ride. Them things are tough.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Default Loobs

I dunno how long he has been in the Rockets. I wanna say it’s been Rayburns, BWRC, Black Diamonds, maybe Bloomer, and Rockets, all in the last 4-6 years.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I believe his first race in the rocket was around the pdc last year. And he only had 1 had a black diamond as a back up

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    I believe his first race in the rocket was around the pdc last year. And he only had 1 had a black diamond as a back up
    I'm sure he's picked up another XR1 to be the backup this year.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Just seems to me he hasn’t been a threat or anywhere close to up front last two years here. He was real strong in the black diamonds for a few years there 2014/15/16. Won the dream, few toilet bowls, ntional 100, bunch of summer national races, and (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) near won the PDC if it wasn’t for Davenport slamming him. Was always real strong around the Midwest and when track conditions were to his favor you’d see him up front at some random races around the country. Easy guy to root for just like to see him get back to being more of a threat again.

maybe eastbay will be a good preview. He was always good for a win for a good stretch there

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    I'm sure he's picked up another XR1 to be the backup this year.
    Believe he got 2 fresh ones. Was just saying what he had last year

Last year he had motor Prob. Woo runs a lot more small tracks with will help him there. he gets some good motors he can run with them all.

Back in 2000 I went to his shop in Carpentersville. It was an auto repair shop/race shop. I asked him if he made enough money at this shop to race full time and he told me he made enough money racing to have this shop. That was in 2000.