Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Dennis Erb Jr.

Maybe there was a lawsuit from the accident that took his father,really noones business but his I guess but I was also curious as to what he did to support his racing

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    I read he has new XR1's and Clements engines. Has he always ran Clements?
    Na. When if first started he ran Rhyne Engines and a few others over the years. Rhyne is located in Gary, Indiana just about 10-15 miles from my house. The Clements people are good folks their son Jeremy runs in NASCAR. He came from Dirt racing as well. Clements makes some good reliable horsepower.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    It's always amazed me how people can race as much as he does, and only have 2 people working on the car. He did have a guy with him a few times last year right after Heather broke her arm, he also had the same guy with him in 2016 and 2017 a few times. It makes me wonder if this same guy doesn't help out at the shop, and only hits the road when needed.

It's basically another full time job keeping a car straight just for a regional racer. I couldn't imagine what it would be like doing it for someone who races as much as he does, he gets my nod.
    I'm not sure how many have noticed but guys like Dennis/Mccreadie and i'm sure alot of others that are short on help most of the time. They are alot easier on equipment than the guys with 4-5 crew guys. They know if they tear that (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) up they are the ones fixing it and Dennis knows if i rip a corner off this thing its going to be 3k to put it back together, tire/wheel, shock, control arms or birdcage maybe a rear end tube. Run 10th or 11th not much of pay difference so i don't think he's running over anybody to get it from 11th to 10th plus you end up with 20th pay money so its a lose lose really.

Dennis Erb Jr. races for a living. If you wonder how somebody can do this it is called sponsorship. Dennis has 42 sponsors for the 2019 season. That is not a miss print, he has 42 sponsors listed. Ok, sponsors pay money every race. If these sponsors didn't pay, why in the world would you think he would list them on his web site. The only question is how much do they pay? Nobody will ever know because a guy like that would be dumb to tell the truth about it. I'm sure he will continue to run close to 100 races a year because he races for a living.

What your not understanding is that a lot of them are product sponsors. So much $$ off retail, or some sort of situation like that. Some free parts here and there but very few sponsors now days just write checks. Engine Builders cover labor etc etc. There is a lot of variables, i guess you could attach a $$ value to it at the end of the day.

Most Big names get tire deals. I have heard but not directly, so its rumor, that they get X number of free tires a year, then after that its cost essentially, around $80 to $100 or so a tire.

Racing for a living is a tricky deal, but thats why i have always like Moyer Bloomquist, and others like Erb. Their doing it, and making it work.

Just say no...

I'm just glad to see Dennis and Heather are still out on the road pretty much by themselves and for the most part still pretty competitive. Now like others have said the last couple years he's lost some speed and hopefully this year he can get it back. I don't care if he races for a living or not that's his business and not mine jmo.

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    I asked the same question and it was conveniently ignored. I also said you could use Illtsate's logic and substitute Pierce's name for Erb's and say the same thing as far as "the family pays the bills so he can race as a hobby" and got no response.

Some people don't like it when their own argument is turned on them.
    Of course his whole argument is flawed and I certainly didn't expect an answer. It's tough to argue with logic like that. Reading his posts are always enjoyable. Great humor to laugh and be glad he doesn't live next door. I already have enough morons in the neighborhood.

Waldo thanks for giving me some insight while being respectful...bless you all call calling me a moron don't make you right, your occupation is how you pay your mortgage, car notes, utilities etc..a fan of Dennis always have been, but I just don't think his race winnings pay for that that's all I was saying....

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Waldo thanks for giving me some insight while being respectful...bless you all call calling me a moron don't make you right, your occupation is how you pay your mortgage, car notes, utilities etc..a fan of Dennis always have been, but I just don't think his race winnings pay for that that's all I was saying....
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q_BU5hR9gXE

^^^^^^^ lol

almost got my drunk a$$ ran over in the pits by dennis after a herald and review 100 at macon. but can't hold it against him because it was my fault!

don't care about a lot of what is said in this thread, but anyone who has followed his career, or watched him and heather work, should appreciate getting to watch what a true racer will do to entertain us.

JMO
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Default Rhino Ag

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    I looked at the article on his website he has posted about running WoO. At the bottom of the article it lists all his sponsors. RhinoAg is not listed. Really didn't expect it to be.
    I believe they sponsor Lucas Oil Events so I would assume if they are sponsoring someone this year they would be on that tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    DiD not say i was RIGHT . i said you was a MORON. I Know and have help Dennis He pays as he goes there has been a few years were there was nothing in the bank but theres Been more were there is Good money left over .

I apologize and I’m sure it’s been corrected, wife is not a lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    Dennis Erb Jr. races for a living. If you wonder how somebody can do this it is called sponsorship. Dennis has 42 sponsors for the 2019 season. That is not a miss print, he has 42 sponsors listed. Ok, sponsors pay money every race. If these sponsors didn't pay, why in the world would you think he would list them on his web site. The only question is how much do they pay? Nobody will ever know because a guy like that would be dumb to tell the truth about it. I'm sure he will continue to run close to 100 races a year because he races for a living.
    most of those sponsors only pay contingency if he wins ......