Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boyd's updates?

Default Boyd's updates?

Does anyone have any updates from Boyd's? DoD isn't doing live updates. I want sure if anyone may be there or know where I can find updates?

Just talked to friend there. Hiett on pole. He said terrible program tonight.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Saw where Weaver had Tanner English there in the 116 on their way down to Florida, but haven’t heard any real updates

‪Jason Hiett claims tonight’s #CabinFever40 over Dillon Tidmore, Justin Shipley, Justin Litchford and Cruz Skinner.‬

From The Wells Racing Photography page.

English was pretty deep in a B-main. They loaded and left without running it. That could have been due to how late it was getting if they were headed to Florida. Program took forever

How long did everything last start to finish? We typically hit all the super races at Boyd’s with living close to the track...but completely forgot about this one. Sounds like it might have been a good thing we forgot haha.

Track was on Facebook apologizing for how long it was
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

I can honestly say that may have been the worst run show I have ever been too and I go to a lot of races both dirt and asphalt and there should be no excuse for that show to last that long, that is why tracks cant's keep fans new or old fans they want a good clean show get in and get out. Boyds did not have enough help and they should be prepared for that many cars there always have a lot of cars at this race if the weather is good.

dont forget the 12" spoiler shafting in the supers ,yes once again they have started this,on the english i think he went out early the track was taking rubber and the super qualifying was so late that the cars that went last had a big advantage because the sun went down and the track tighted up just luck of the draw...

i know heitt didnt have a big blade but he hit everything right the track was taking rubber and we went later in qualifying,just wait until more and more get the big spoilers back it will be back just the way it use to be crate and steel head cars maybe a few true supers that equals no one in the stands you guys got lucky great weather and everyone wanted to race but people dont forget you the next time around..i

Oh yes, thanks guys I was so frustrated with the whole I forgot about the 12" inch spoiler rule. That will be the biggest problem they face allowing that to run, it will run all the true supers off and all you will have is a steelhead spec deal, same path North Alabama is heading down with there rules, but big blades love those types of tracks.

My buddy that went to watch was there

ELEVEN HOURS.

Not to compete, to watch. I didn't go because I kind of expected it. Track is in a perfect location if it could just get the right people back in charge.

I maybe the only one that think this but Boyd's shot themselves in the foot when they let go of Kathy ( I hope I'm remembering her name right) she really had that place going in the right direction the racing was better are the shows were decently ran. Glad I went to Golden isles instead

I was thinking about going over to the Friday night part of the Shamrock in March but after reading this I may just pass it on by.

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    My buddy that went to watch was there

ELEVEN HOURS.

Not to compete, to watch. I didn't go because I kind of expected it. Track is in a perfect location if it could just get the right people back in charge.
    “Right people in charge” ...Exactly!!! Couldn’t agree more.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtking2512 View Post
    I maybe the only one that think this but Boyd's shot themselves in the foot when they let go of Kathy ( I hope I'm remembering her name right) she really had that place going in the right direction the racing was better are the shows were decently ran. Glad I went to Golden isles instead
    I believe she left the track! Boyds and most tracks around here have issues, especially with dragging things out!

As much as I hate to say it, I can probably count on one hand the number of well ran shows I’ve seen at Boyd’s in the past 5 seasons...and that’s regardless of whether it’s been sanctioned or unsanctioned. I want to see them do well, and I’m certainly not trying to bash our local track, but they’re going to have to take a heavy swing in the opposite direction of where they’re headed right now.

ALSO NO OTHER SANCIONS FROM ANY DIFF. SERIES?The way I see this guy is happy with $300.00 a week profit and could make it with a race track in the desert...

Losing their Lucas date wasn’t as big of a shock to me as seeing they didn’t have any Southern Nats stuff on there...now that one caught me way of guard. Ray has brought all 3 of his serious there for numerous seasons now...how to you screw that one up..??

They gotta bunch of tards running the place now.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST