Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boyd's updates?

dirt crow hit the nail on the head.

Yeah I’d have to agree with the Crow on that one too...and I don’t even know the bunch that’s running it now. Hope they can get it together though. We don’t need another storied track going in the toilet of pride, arrogance and ignorance.

Oh I agree. And you know there’s probably elected officials in that metro area chomping at the bits to close it.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

They need to update their web page...still sets Kathy Coulter is running the show.

I guess I don't agree that the 12" blade is a bad thing...simple change to make.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

I was there Saturday night and was supplying the only updates out of the place via my Twitter when I got the chance or could find the information. The format wasn't good at all and definitely needed some work. Also staging in the infield took way too long and isn't necessary when you have a track that is set up with good access for entrance and exit. I was at the track for 11 hours on Saturday which is way too long for anyone to be there. Hopefully, they will get things straightened out because I love the place.

Most tracks that run these days races takes way too long. I guess they feel they have all day and all night to get in their show. The problem is, as someone else pointed out, the fans don't want to sit through all of that.

My biggest problem is the format for the program, that added a ton of time. There were 36 supers and 41 crates signed in for their respective races. They locked in 8 from qualifying for each race, then ran heat races most with 6 cars taking 3 and then ran a b-main. This was way too much for a $3,000 to win race. Qualify, lock in your set amount if that's what you want to do and then send everyone else to 2 separate b-mains take 8 from each and be done with it. It was a 20 dollar grandstand ticket and I counted 53 people in the stands as soon as the super feature was over.

The thing that gets me is Friday night they tried the staging like on Saturday and it didn't work then so what do they do, come back Saturday and do it again seems like if the owner wants to keep it open he's going to have to clean house starting with who ever is promoting to the guy behind the mic.

I watched the video last night. That announcer definitely needed some throat lozenges.
    Last edited by dirt crow; 02-04-2019 at 11:15 AM.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Thumbs up

As bad as everything was at Boyd's Saturday I thought Mickey Swims was running the place, but seeing that the track didn't go to pieces after the first set of hot laps I knew there was another group of control hungry know it alls running Boyd's.
    What was with that sore loser JORDAN RODABAUGH? He got clearly and cleanly passed by Michael Page in turn 2 and was so hurt by that he slid into Page in turn 3 and wrecked them both.
    The boyd's officials refused to pull the sheet metal away from Page's right front tire for the ENTIRE RACE, even though the announcer clearly seen it and said something about it. Their hate becomes dangerous and it appears it will take a serious injury or worse before they quit the clown games at the track.
    Then in the Super Stock feature the gilbert brothers played a game of Malachi Crunch against a car not as nice looking as their 2 cars and STILL LOST!!! boyd's should've banned both gilbert clowns for being so reckless on the track but they must be juiced in yokals like the flag man and the officials who just like 5 years ago when I was last there did their version of hope and change by stopping the supers and placing their guys in the front so they could win and guess what? They STILL LOST!
    good luck wit da joint!

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    I watched the video last night. That announcer definitely needed some throat lozenges.
    He needs way more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    He needs way more than that.
    I couldn't agree more.

Hahahahaha
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

I can't comment on Saturday night, I did not know they were racing - Boyds along with some other tracks need to advertise other places besides spacebook (facebook) !! if they going to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    Hahahahaha
    Maybe a sock in the sack????? hahahahahahaa

Quote Originally Posted by crownman25 View Post
    ALSO NO OTHER SANCIONS FROM ANY DIFF. SERIES?The way I see this guy is happy with $300.00 a week profit and could make it with a race track in the desert...
    Yea what is up with that about the sanctions, I guess they can't afford to pay that sanction fee and make that extra money as the regional tours bring in more people to the track which means more people in stands and by the look of the stands Saturday not many people knew or cared about the race. I know many drivers that would not come because it was not sanctioned and then I know some that left because of all BS that was going on. If you can't afford to get some people in there to sanction and work it right then you need to find something else to do. JMO

Having the Southern Nats sanctioning for the Cabin Fever (as well as the upcoming Shamrock) would’ve been HUGE in terms of getting for Supers in the pits that can compete, and thus putting more butts in seats from people that want to see those regional guys race. The Cabin Fever race can be a tough draw because it takes place when some regional guys are trying their hand at a Lucas or WOO run, but it has still traditionally pulled a good count of quality cars/drivers. As for the way the show was ran, I can’t really speak to that since I wasn’t there...but it sounds like it was so poorly ran that even a sanctioned Super race would have left many folks disappointed and unhappy.

I think it's the same guy that tried running North Ga he was a joke their too

Same ones, promoter an announcer

Quote Originally Posted by Wells Racing Photos View Post
    My biggest problem is the format for the program, that added a ton of time. There were 36 supers and 41 crates signed in for their respective races. They locked in 8 from qualifying for each race, then ran heat races most with 6 cars taking 3 and then ran a b-main. This was way too much for a $3,000 to win race. Qualify, lock in your set amount if that's what you want to do and then send everyone else to 2 separate b-mains take 8 from each and be done with it. It was a 20 dollar grandstand ticket and I counted 53 people in the stands as soon as the super feature was over.
    That’s awful. But hey, some on here love 8-10 divisions.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.