Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default After 2 races, which drivers do you think will drop off of Lucas Tour ?

After 2 races, which drivers do you think will drop off of Lucas Tour by the end of Speedweeks?

I think

21jr Billy Moyer Jr.
    and
    2s Stormy Scott

Stormy Scott needs to stick with USMTS. They have something like 46 races this year with all paying $5000 To Win or more. Also all USMTS cars with perfect attendance all year get over $10,000 guaranteed for the year which isn't much but it's something.

Buckingham
    Rettig
    Moyer Jr
    Stormy Scott

Stormy has a bankroll behind him, it's going to be more about performance than money for him to decide to go back to modifieds. I think they are looking for a new challenge, competition and tracks and will stick with it.

Quote Originally Posted by TUTY View Post
    Stormy Scott needs to stick with USMTS. They have something like 46 races this year with all paying $5000 To Win or more. Also all USMTS cars with perfect attendance all year get over $10,000 guaranteed for the year which isn't much but it's something.
    Stormy Scott doesn't have a need for $. His biggest worry is his crew chief wanting to race.

Moyer Jr has never committed to running the entire tour yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    And no way he does now.

Points after just 2 races means absolutely nothing.
    8/13/16

This conversation might be more telling after East Bay and Ocala. Stormy was particularly disappointing, shows that the chassis brand doesn’t automatically make you a winner. The whole Scott brother deal is interesting. Johnny had a career year in mods last year, and he quits. Johnny was mentioned as crew chief during than broadcasts more than once but I didn’t see him while Stormy’s car was in pit lane, which was frequent. This is a tough circuit to break in to, period!
    I hate time trials.

I don’t think BMJ never really intended to run the full Lucas tour. I don’t think Buckingham did either.

But in all honesty, you woundn’t see any changes in talent on either tour until Speedweeks.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Look I know Stormy has all the money backing. It doesn't matter, they have no clue and have had a ton of help. He'll finish 10th or so as soon as Speedweeks are over and there's only 24 cars entered. I wouldn't be surprised if Stormy and Johnny have 4 modifieds sitting in the shop ready to go. I'm sure they will run the Big USMTS shows when they can.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    And neither did the other so called rookies.

Buckingham made the show both nights. I dont see why he should drop off. A few of the other guys mentioned in here didn't pull that off. I'd say he is pleased to have done that. He's not committed to the full deal anyway

Moyer Jr wants to run a national tour every year but just cannot hang. Rettig will drop off soon I am sure as well.

TBH, I think this conversation a little pre mature.

Brandon Overton— it was mentioned during the broadcast that he *might* stick with Lucas for awhile.

Ryan King and Buckingham are the highest in points among the so called rookies at this point. Last year Mason Ziegler was buried pretty deep after speedweeks and he ended up winning the RoY title.

2 races is a bit premature.
    One thing is for sure, I believe this might just be the most fun, wide open points season ever for Lucas Tour. We could see the spoiler change cars several times amongst 4 or 5 guys.

Terbo has got a great start to his “rookie” year with the lucas series. But it did seem like bmj wanted to run lucas as long as everything was going well and that does not look like it’s woeking out for him. I do like the approach overton is taking to this year, if lucas is going well well give that a shot. If it’s not then we will go try the outlaws. I’f that doesn’t then we’ll just go run whatever. Just doesn’t want to push anything. But from your question I think it will be bmj and Buckingham.

Bloomer. L O L O L O L O L O L !!!!!
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    Bloomer. L O L O L O L O L O L !!!!!
    No, you just didn't...
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Points after just 2 races means absolutely nothing.
    0/2 getting in the show digs a huge hole to try and get to town money land.