Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rocket1

Default C&B

Yea they were slugs before rumley came along
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Thanks for the correction guys. I thought he went with penske. My bad.

Default what u smokin'?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    SLM are at the point of, you have what everyone else has. Rockets have been on everyone's tables for awhile. Like it or not. They are the chassis to have, your club 29 and black Diamond both come out of a xr-1 table. Lanigan and Stuckey put there personal touches on them. Today it's all about crew chiefs and bank accounts. Terbo is on a tear, though it's been only 3 races. T-mac is working on a new shock package, he and the Penske guys get him dialed in, lookout. Warrior wants back in the game, Mastersbuilt wants to be great again, and CJ wants everyone to see, I can still do it. Those 3 only have to hire a top wheelman, can anyone say overton, and spend countless dollars and they will be great again. Team rocket figured that out long ago and look where they are today. Mark Richards and Steve Baker figured it out . Spend and you to can be on top.
    The Black Diamond/ Club 29 is not a derivative of an XR-1. I believe the original BD/C29 was a Blue front end Rocket. Lanigan wanted a specific car and Rocket would not build it, and he and Stucky got together, and another chassis brand emerged.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAddDirt View Post
    Lanigan wanted a specific car and Rocket would not build it, and he and Stucky got together, and another chassis brand emerged.
    Like the meeting of Smith and Wesson

I was reading the write up on DoD and it was talking about Rocket1 winning 3 consecutive East Bay opener events streak ending. It goes talking about how Mark said that is the car back at the shop with 175 starts on it and it still looks brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    I was reading the write up on DoD and it was talking about Rocket1 winning 3 consecutive East Bay opener events streak ending. It goes talking about how Mark said that is the car back at the shop with 175 starts on it and it still looks brand new.
    Brand new after a bunch of work. B Shepp tore it up pretty good last year and they made the type of repairs you can make in the pits, 1000 miles from home.

Stories on DoD are even more fun to read when you know the real story vs. the published story. DoD tries so hard to stay out of the mud, you often miss the meat. If there is a comment by a driver that seems a little out of place with the tone of the story, that's where the real story is. This is not really related to this topic, but reminded me of it.

Quote Originally Posted by RaceEngineer View Post
    Brand new after a bunch of work. B Shepp tore it up pretty good last year and they made the type of repairs you can make in the pits, 1000 miles from home.
    Anybody w common sence knows that isnt like new after 175 races unless there going thru car and replacing everthing bent or broke and that includes repainting stuff. Idc what rocket says.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Cagefaraday *cough* I mean RaceEngineer. You sound so angry when you post. I don't have an opinion on the how many starts Rocket1 has on 1 car. Just passing along info on what I read. Sheesh. Calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Anybody w common sence knows that isnt like new after 175 races unless there going thru car and replacing everthing bent or broke and that includes repainting stuff. Idc what rocket says.
    You are correct, anyone with common sense knows after 175 races, and running for championships, with a top notch house car team, the car is not exactly as it was untouched. But that’s common sense, with no agenda, ole RaceEngineer is kinda lacking in them departments.

If it was reported that the car is untouched, original body, all original parts, then yeah, doesn’t pass the sniff test. But simply stating the chassis has 175 races on it, there’s nothing to read into it. I know the person who has like number 6, over 50 races, nothing wrong with it. Do I infer he just parks it, and then just fires it up and runs it, doesn’t check or replace stuff, no. Common sense and experience tells you to always check your stuff, a lot of races are won in the shop.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Cagefaraday *cough* I mean RaceEngineer. You sound so angry when you post. I don't have an opinion on the how many starts Rocket1 has on 1 car. Just passing along info on what I read. Sheesh. Calm down.
    Whatever fits an agenda.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

99% sure that chassis that is sitting back at the shop has been completely tore down and every part replaced. I would imagine it does look brand new.
    8/13/16

I'm sure parts have been replaced. No one is arguing that isn't true.

I believe mark is referencing the chassis. Not the parts mainly the fact that it is not bent or cracked. Pre xr1 cars rocket cars usually had some cracks before 175 starts

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    I believe mark is referencing the chassis.
    No one wants to acknowledge that part. The chassis has 175 starts not the entire car rolling minus the drive line. lol

My take away was we were talking about the chassis. When you have to put the j bar mount back in the car and other structural pieces, it's been rebuilt. It's not the same as new. I can do that to a 1990 Rayburn .JKing24 gets the meat of the story. That narrative is used to tell people the car will last. It isn't a new piece every 8 weeks Disco car.
    Last edited by RaceEngineer; 02-06-2019 at 02:48 PM.

Looking at the Black Diamond parts list last year looks like they were using Mastersbilt S7 spindles on their cars...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    I believe mark is referencing the chassis. Not the parts mainly the fact that it is not bent or cracked. Pre xr1 cars rocket cars usually had some cracks before 175 starts
    Precisely.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Precisely.
    And you made it something else. Not me.

And you made it something else. Not me.
    Lol. Every dam time someone brings up the Rocket house car and how it has XYZ races on it, you gotta chime in with some (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ty comment because it’s the Rocket Devil.

If you’d have not had the track record you do of always bitching about Rocket, I wouldn’t have assumed you miraculously grew some sense when it came to Rocket. But I guess you have. And pretty much anyone on here can vouch for your full blown chubby for Rocket.