Default 602 crate late model

How much fuel do you guys burn in a 25 lap feature?

Going from a 550hp to a 602, what kind of set up changes will I need to anticipate.....shocks, springs,%'s initial and through the night? 2015 BG Rocket....thanks in adv.!

I have been stuck on the engine side of things for a very long time and the chassis technology has run right on by me from the days when I could give you some specific input.
    but what I hear from my customers is that the car needs to be as free as possible ---I am not really sure if this term "free" means the same as loose but in my condensed understanding they are similar.
    I know there are many mechanical options in the chassis to loosen or tighten a car but back in the day static weight played a big part----if this was 1995 I would be right rear heavy with all the stagger I could get but now they tell me they don't even use scales --
    one thing for sure --the speed is in the car and driver----all the gadgets in the world that are made for the engine will not make you a winning car from a back marker----and that comes from the guy that feeds his family selling those gadgets.
    602 engines are very close in power---get a decent carb and headers ---keep the timing low (no matter what your buddy says) and work on your car.

Brad
    www.race-1.com

Quote Originally Posted by brad hibbard View Post
    I have been stuck on the engine side of things for a very long time and the chassis technology has run right on by me from the days when I could give you some specific input.
    but what I hear from my customers is that the car needs to be as free as possible ---I am not really sure if this term "free" means the same as loose but in my condensed understanding they are similar.
    I know there are many mechanical options in the chassis to loosen or tighten a car but back in the day static weight played a big part----if this was 1995 I would be right rear heavy with all the stagger I could get but now they tell me they don't even use scales --
    one thing for sure --the speed is in the car and driver----all the gadgets in the world that are made for the engine will not make you a winning car from a back marker----and that comes from the guy that feeds his family selling those gadgets.
    602 engines are very close in power---get a decent carb and headers ---keep the timing low (no matter what your buddy says) and work on your car.

Brad
    www.race-1.com
    Thanks for the reply brad!

We have run the steel block stuff for many years and this will be our first year in a 602. The class is getting very popular here in the deep south with most tracks getting 20 plus cars.

Do you have an idea on how much fuel we will use in a 25 lap feature?

Im not sure if you have a recommendation sheet but we are looking at Hendrens and plan on following his suggestions.

I would say 5-8 gallons is a good estimate.

Thanks....that's what I was thinking.

Don't really see the need in running the 26 gal cell unless I cant get the %s right.

We only have to weigh 2200.

450-500LF 275rf with 3 blue line rubbers or like 325
    125 250-275 RR

250-275 5th coil at 38”
    53.5 rear
    54.5 left
    90-100lbs bite
    No LRU short bar

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Thanks....that's what I was thinking.

Don't really see the need in running the 26 gal cell unless I cant get the %s right.

We only have to weigh 2200.

On a 1/2 mile track with a 6 lap heat and a 15 lap feature, we burned right around 5 gallons. I doubt you will be able to get anywhere near 2200# with a steel head steel block 602 and still get your rear percentage where it needs to be unless your driver is super light. Most likely you will need 20 gallons of fuel and a 40-50# weight near the fuel cell to get close.