Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2019 Speedweeks - nightly finishes for each driver

- 6 drivers have made their respective A feature all 9 nights of racing thus far (Bronson, McCreadie, Don O'Neal, and Overton all without provisionals. Moran(1) and Richards(2) with provisionals)
    - 10 drivers have entered an event all 9 nights of racing thus far (in addition to the six above, also Flinner, Jameson, Mathews, Nothdurft)

Feature laps led through nine nights: (of 470 laps total)
    T. Erb 140
    Davenport 71
    Clanton 50
    Overton 50
    English 41
    Bloomquist 23
    Marlar 22
    Pearson 18
    H. O'Neal 14
    Owens 9
    Flinner 8
    Bronson 7
    Junghans 6
    Sheppard 5
    Richards 3
    Shirley 3
    Last edited by dirt33; 02-12-2019 at 11:13 AM.

Cool stats, thanks

Great stuff dirt33...I will be checking back often!

Thanks dirt33. I'll keep checking back to see the updates. I appreciate your efforts.

Thanks for the info.

dirt33 can you add Lanigan to the spreadsheet. I don't see him listed. Ty for compiling this for us to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by 84GLHTurbo View Post
    dirt33 can you add Lanigan to the spreadsheet. I don't see him listed. Ty for compiling this for us to enjoy.
    He hasn't raced yet.

Ty Pennsboro23. I confused myself with Richards running the 14 car. Saw it on video and thought I was watching Lanigan. Geesh getting old.

I like the layout very easy to read. Thanks for doing this!!

This is really cool
    Thanks.

84GLHTurbo, I know what you mean, I am still far from being used to Richards being in that car as well. As it comes out of turn 4 with Peak plastered across the front, I keep thinking it is Don O'Neal. And seeing Josh in anything other than a #1 is just so weird. Regardless of number, the thing sure is fast though. The first half or so of last night's feature was awesome viewing.

Some thoughts after 4 days:

- I could probably become a fan of this Tyler Erb, and I don't mean just his on track prowess. His post-race interviews have been much more enjoyable than in the past. I liked it last night when Josh Richards mentioned Erb's focus being in the right place. Talent has never been a question at all. If Terbo can forge on with this current demeanor, he could ascend all the way to the top of the sport. I know it is VERY early, but a potential LOLMDS title contention in his first year with Best was not something I had envisioned. He looks phenomenal right now.

- In their last 18 Speedweeks starts, Brandon Sheppard and the Rocket1 team have 12 top fives and have not finished worse than 13th.

- Tim McCreadie looked wiped out after last night's feature. When he mentioned that he had spent all day working on the hauler's generator, it made sense. I can imagine he "could have done without" that headache, given the work I am sure is being put in to get the #39 faster.

- The emotion on Brian Shirley's face after his 6th place run last night was about as real as it gets. No question the mental game is creating quite a hurdle for him right now, after having to bounce back from another grinding wreck. Shirley seems like he has no shortage of determination, and I know he will continue to battle.

- Colton Horner is yet another example of a young guy in this racing world that makes me wonder how things could have seemed so different to me when I was 16 years old (when racing even a 4 cylinder would have been way over my head, not to mention comfort level). He is very well spoken, and is holding his own nicely in his first open late model starts. I hope to see him make a feature or two this week. He already seems mature well beyond his age.

- Thanks Dirtondirt as always for awesome coverage. Like I'm sure many do, I stay up that extra hour or so each night refreshing the page, waiting for the recap videos. LOVE that you interview back through 10th. Thank you.

- I had much loftier expectations for Stormy Scott's re-entry into the DLM world, as I'm sure he did/has. Still early yet...

- While I can't say that I expected Devin Moran to be in the winner's circle, I did expect him to be running better than this. While I know they will undoubtedly make gains, boy will there be a team whose success or lack thereof is more closely scrutinized this year than the Dunn Benson #1?

- I will be bummed to not see Gregg Satterlee on the LOLMDS tour all year.

- Josh Richards has elevated Bowyer Racing in an instant. Great hire for sure.

- Regarding guys who have often sat out the first night or two at East Bay, glad to see them entered this week, as it makes the show even better. Some of them surely are trying some things they perhaps wouldn't come Friday/Saturday... Bloomquist???

- I'd like to hear comments from others as to what they expect from Tanner English in the 116 car this year.

- Dennis Erb is my favorite driver, so I always look forward to Speedweeks given that he normally starts out the year pretty solid. Like most, I think the switch to WoO will surely provide a boost this year. While Dennis is likely never going to be the type of guy to pick off wins in bunches, just seeing him be more of a top 5-10 car instead of a 10-15 car would be great. 3-4 WoO wins, a couple Summernationals wins, and a top 5 WoO points finish would please him, I would guess.

- I'm guessing Coleby Frye must have suffered engine (or other terminal) problems on night 1 at Golden Isles? He attempted nearly all Speedweeks shows last year, but has been MIA this year after night 1. Tough break if so, long way to haul down from PA for one show.

- I enjoyed seeing Austin Hubbard's strong 4th place run on Monday night. Wish we could see him race more on a national level.

- Chase Junghans is always steadily improving, to the point that I think he could contend for a WoO title one of these years (maybe not just yet this year).

- Super impressed to see Earl Pearson and team run so strong, even without their fearless leader on hand. Earl's career sure has seen a resurrection of late. Good for him, and the sport.

- What to make of the slow start for Brandon Overton and Rum Runner Racing? We all know he is way too good to be running like this. Are they going to Screven, or planning to run all week at East Bay?

- Hudson O'Neal is another guy that is surely going to start piling up numerous wins before long, right? I know the series is ultra tough, but that 71 car has a lot of speed.
    Last edited by dirt33; 02-06-2019 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt33 View Post
    Some thoughts after 4 days:- I could probably become a fan of this Tyler Erb, and I don't mean just his on track prowess. His post-race interviews have been much more enjoyable than in the past. I liked it last night when Josh Richards mentioned Erb's focus being in the right place. Talent has never been a question at all. If Terbo can forge on with this current demeanor, he could ascend all the way to the top of the sport. I know it is VERY early, but a potential LOLMDS title contention in his first year with Best was not something I had envisioned. He looks phenomenal right now.- In their last 18 Speedweeks starts, Brandon Sheppard and the Rocket1 team have 12 top fives and have not finished worse than 13th.- Tim McCreadie looked wiped out after last night's feature. When he mentioned that he had spent all day working on the hauler's generator, it made sense. I can imagine he "could have done without" that headache, given the work I am sure is being put in to get the #39 faster.- The emotion on Brian Shirley's face after his 6th place run last night was about as real as it gets. No question the mental game is creating quite a hurdle for him right now, after having to bounce back from another grinding wreck. Shirley seems like he has no shortage of determination, and I know he will continue to battle.- Colton Horner is yet another example of a young guy in this racing world that makes me wonder how things could have seemed so different to me when I was 16 years old (when racing even a 4 cylinder would have been way over my head, not to mention comfort level). He is very well spoken, and is holding his own nicely in his first open late model starts. I hope to see him make a feature or two this week. He already seems mature well beyond his age.- Thanks Dirtondirt as always for awesome coverage. Like I'm sure many do, I stay up that extra hour or so each night refreshing the page, waiting for the recap videos. LOVE that you interview back through 10th. Thank you.- I had much loftier expectations for Stormy Scott's re-entry into the DLM world, as I'm sure he did/has. Still early yet...- While I can't say that I expected Devin Moran to be in the winner's circle, I did expect him to be running better than this. While I know they will undoubtedly make gains, boy will there be a team whose success or lack thereof is more closely scrutinized this year than the Dunn Benson #1?- I will be bummed to not see Gregg Satterlee on the LOLMDS tour all year.- Josh Richards has elevated Bowyer Racing in an instant. Great hire for sure.- Regarding guys who have often sat out the first night or two at East Bay, glad to see them entered this week, as it makes the show even better. Some of them surely are trying some things they perhaps wouldn't come Friday/Saturday... Bloomquist???- I'd like to hear comments from others as to what they expect from Tanner English in the 116 car this year. - Dennis Erb is my favorite driver, so I always look forward to Speedweeks given that he normally starts out the year pretty solid. Like most, I think the switch to WoO will surely provide a boost this year. While Dennis is likely never going to be the type of guy to pick off wins in bunches, just seeing him be more of a top 5-10 car instead of a 10-15 car would be great. 3-4 WoO wins, a couple Summernationals wins, and a top 5 WoO points finish would please him, I would guess.- I'm guessing Coleby Frye must have suffered engine (or other terminal) problems on night 1 at Golden Isles? He attempted nearly all Speedweeks shows last year, but has been MIA this year after night 1. Tough break if so, long way to haul down from PA for one show.- I enjoyed seeing Austin Hubbard's strong 4th place run on Monday night. Wish we could see him race more on a national level.- Chase Junghans is always steadily improving, to the point that I think he could contend for a WoO title one of these years (maybe not just yet this year).- Super impressed to see Earl Pearson and team run so strong, even without their fearless leader on hand. Earl's career sure has seen a resurrection of late. Good for him, and the sport. - What to make of the slow start for Brandon Overton and Rum Runner Racing? We all know he is way too good to be running like this. Are they going to Screven, or planning to run all week at East Bay?- Hudson O'Neal is another guy that is surely going to start piling up numerous wins before long, right? I know the series is ultra tough, but that 71 car has a lot of speed.
    Thumbs up for all of this! I think tonight will probably be the deciding factor on what overton does. They said they found some stuff last night that wasn’t right on the car so we will see if they turn it around tonight

I tend to think Overton will head to Screven. He’s good there and he seemingly always wants to run the WoO. He just likes that tour.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Great stuff, Dirt33! Thank you!

Josh, I was thinking the same thing. I think Overton has won 3 of the last 4 super specials we have attended at Screven. He’s bad fast there, no doubt.

Overton says they still don’t know

dirt33: great post! stats and notes. thank you!
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Great job on this.

Good work. It's been interesting to see your spreadsheet and read your thoughts on everyone.

I'm curious to see if Richards coming aboard and bringing the rocket chassis elevates Don O'Neals game any.