Thread: Raised Rail

Default Raised Rail

On chassis that have the raised right rail, how much higher are they than non raised? 1", 2"? Is there any advantage to raising the rail or am I just gonna start having issues with the rack or front crossmember? '08 Masters, 2" square rail.

On our masters, it seems like the crossmember and the RF front control arm bolt are what drags. The whole right side rail will drag some, but raising the cross member was the best thing we could have done.

Quote Originally Posted by keeks View Post
    On chassis that have the raised right rail, how much higher are they than non raised? 1", 2"? Is there any advantage to raising the rail or am I just gonna start having issues with the rack or front crossmember? '08 Masters, 2" square rail.
    You would need to raise the rf rail, the crossmember, and the strut crossmember to get near modern travels.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Tader sells a very nice flat crossmember that can be fitted to your car...$200.00.

You can "raise" the right rail with a 24-36" chunk of 2" square tubing by straighteng that kink in the RS rail... MastersbiltRacer can send you his drawing. I'm doing the same on my '04 Smack.
    Last edited by Krooser; 12-25-2019 at 04:37 PM.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Can I get a copy of that drawing as well please?

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    Tader sells a very nice flat crossmember that can be fitted to your car...$200.00.

You can "raise" the right email with a 24-36" chunk of 2" square tubing by straighteng that kink in the RS rail... MastersbiltRacer can send you his drawing. I'm doing the same on my '04 Smack.
    Thanks Krooser. Do you have a part number? Or just call Tader?

Most of the older 2"square stuff used the same frame rails no matter who built it and the problem isn't so much that the whole rail is too low but the bend is too far forward. Aswell as the crossmember and strut mount being to low. Som

Check out my "care package" post here...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019