Default Do you agree with the Tanner English caution?

My understanding was if you stopped and brought out the caution you would tag the tail. He did spin out but kept going and maybe only lost one spot but they threw the caution anyway. Does anyone have any insight on this? Do you agree or disagree with the caution?

I saw it. Disagree with the caution. He never stopped.

He didn't spin at all, he did get sideways. I'm guessing the flag man was a little trigger happy on the caution light and they had to pin the caution on something.

That was a bad call.

I thought it sucked, because the flag was thrown so quickly, but I can see it from both sides. There were cars coming and it could have resulted in a big pileup. Hence the quick flag. But according to the rule, if you cause the caution, you go to the back. I'm sure the flagman and other Lucas officials regretted it immediately, once Tanner corrected the spin and got straightened out again.

I have seen many cautions flag thrown to quick, and the flagman just said the caution was on the flagman, and the cars were started back where the were, anyway seems like English is way to many bad calls!

Unfortunately the rules are set up to eliminate officials from having to make judgement calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    Unfortunately the rules are set up to eliminate officials from having to make judgement calls.
    The flagman made the judgment to toss the yellow.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Not what I meant. Officials don't have to decide who brought out the caution when cars tangle, its whoever stops on the track. You bring out the caution and you go to the back as Tanner had to.

An official cannot win in that situation last night.
    Bring out the caution and no one hits Tanner, then it was too quick.
    Wait on the caution and Tanner gets hit, then they waited too long.

Yeah, that was a bad deal all the way around. I really feel like the flagman was too quick on the trigger and he got wronged there. I have seen multiple instances in Lucas races over the years where a car turned sideways, saved it, and then kept going with no caution. Heck, I think JD and Pierce do it about once a race. At least he was able to mitigate the damage somewhat driving back up to sixth from 19th in about 10 laps.