Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: oil filters

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Racing View Post
    one more filter related question... there is a 2 qt filter that used to be used on grain trucks... would it be worth
    using for the extra oil capacity? Obviously, they don't make a racing version, so not sure if it restricts flow too much.

Curt Drake
    Late Model #55x
    That's the filter Smokey Yunick always used.

The toilet paper filters are still sold by Franz!

Used to be a black oil stripe down the middle of every highway from the road draft tube before pcv valves were used.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Krooser---I do remember the draft tube and can definitely visualize the "black stripe" on the roads
    But what really sticks out in my mind is the stained parking spots at any shopping plaza and in the driveway at home
    also the first few spots at any stop light intersection.
    I remember when I started riding a motorcycle in the late 70's ---friends told me to always stay off the center of the lane especially when coming up to a red light---and back then they were certainly correct.

I have to share with you a comment I made at a southern race track where I sit on a rules board
    one of the divisions is on a welded bearing ---non take apart shock rule and the guys are crying about it.
    I told them that next year I am voting for 100% all monroe matics
    there was only 1 or 2 guys that even knew what I was talking about---LOL
    I swear I have a milk crate somewhere full of them things ---I need to find them

Brad

My dad got cited back in the early 70s when we visited California. We had '66 Ford Station Wagon with a 289 and the vent tube coming off the right side valve cover at the rear. He was told not to come back til he got that source of pollution fixed.