Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Is Bloomquist "past his prime"?

I'm not sure what's going on with SB racing. It seems as though he's not the "threat" he once was. I'm not sure why he's been such a nonfactor during SPEEDWEEKS. I understand that he's never done that well at Eastbay over the years and wonder if this is a "TESTING/RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT" excursion for him? It seems like the Rockets and Longhorns are paving the way to victory. I realize he has a bad shoulder situation, so is he past his prime or are there great things still lying ahead for him. Perhaps it's his more conservative approach to racing (running inside groove) as opposed to trying the high side like JD or Tyler Erb.

East Bay is not his type of track. He is not any good at being able to pitch and stomp. He has to be straight and smooth. And his style just historically sucks at East Bay. Just like he is no good at Macon. Yes, they are not the same size, but the same jist.

Every year we hear the same tune at Speedweeks, he’s washed up, he can’t do it anymore, and then he does. He is better than last year after GIS and EB by a long shot.

Volusia is a better barometer for him. GIS he was 7th n 3rd, EB I know a 26th, DQ, two mid packs maybe, and a top 5??

He will be just fine. He sucks at I-80, Eldora, Knoxville, Volusia, Lernerville, Atomic, and so on, then there are issues with Bloomer.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Thanks for your response, chupp n bloomer fan. Greatly appreciated. I have to agree strongly with you about how he has improved a great deal from last year's outing at GIS and Eastbay. I remember last year he left Eastbay some 400+ points behind, I believe. I've always thought he runs better when the weather is HOT. For instance, at Brownstown's early Spring race, he seems to struggle more when the weather is colder than say, in August/September for THE JACKSON 100 when he manages to kick butt.

Default Bloomer Prime time

Bloomer does some funny ars stuff sometimes which makes him an easy target for trash talk …. Its entertaining to watch the reactions ….. At the end of the day hes got the stats on dirt ….. The short of it is not seeing him driving on asphalt for a cup team ….
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

At some point he is going to start to slow down only because age catches up with everybody but, don't count him out just yet for this year. He will probably go on a tear and win 4 or 5 in a row like he has in the past.

Thanks, Bob Hubbard for your insights into SBR. You're right about the stats. I think, in my opinion, he is the GOAT in Dirt LM Racing. Certainly would not trash talk him, for sure...especially when you think of what he brings to the sport of DLM and his contributions and accomplishments.Kidrock, thanks for the comment "don't count him out just yet for this year". I realize that in November 2018, he won one of the races ($12K to win shows) at Charlotte WoO LM show. I know he's never done that well at Eastbay, like chupp n bloomer fan pointed out.

He’s not my cup of tea but admittedly he is the goat. No way I count him out at this point. What I’d be more aware of going forward is if he seems to be loosing focus and interest. And I wouldn’t blame him if he does, age has a way of changing your perspective and priorities.
    I hate time trials.

You're spot on, kazual, regarding how age changes our perspectives on things. Sometimes, some of the things he does (like this past week at Eastbay, allowing someone to illegally sub in your race car) certainly makes one shake their head in disbelief and ask why he'd do something such as that. I realize he's always been a controversial figure in his own right but it seems like some of his behavior over the past year or two makes one raise their eyebrows and question what exactly was he thinking.No doubt, I agree that he is the GOAT and he has a huge following.

His skills are still there. His issues are non racing.

I think he’s gotta minimize the craziness that surrounds his team. He’s still very skilled at driving, but all the other issues that seem to plague his program anymore are what hurts him. It was never this wild problems when it was him and Tommy Hicks. I was thinking having the McDowells around would help that some, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

He needs to diet. Eat a salad or something.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    He needs to diet. Eat a salad or something.
    6 months of no sugar and bread and be would be a new man.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

past his prime? aren't we all?

quit trying to change what he is. enjoy the show.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

In the past 12 months, he has won several races. He won that race last Summer on 3 wheels, right? He is still the car to beat.

He was dominant at the 2018 Show Me. If he doesn’t look better by then or at the Show Me itself then that would be a poor progress report. But not having a good Florida Speedweeks is not the end of the world for him, and hopefully not for Owens. I will be watching for increased occasions that he shoots himself in the foot, that would be a troubling sign.
    I hate time trials.

Can't quote you kazual, but good point. Owens has been in the same sort of rut as Bloomer. Are people saying he's washed up?

I hate these conversations Bloomquust just doesn't run good at East Bay. He turned it around at Volusia last year when him and Dale McDowell got together . He will be fine

Default voice of reason

Is he the GOAT--YES
    Is he capable of winning races--YES
    Look at him now. look at him 15 years ago. look at his racing statistics now. Look at them 15 years ago.
    Is he past his prime-- Of course he is...

Like stated above Bloomquists issues are non racing related.

The way I see it is he only has 8 wins there. So obviously it's not his kinda track like CnB said. Now if he had number like Moyer or even Oneal then it might make you wonder. Would he have more wins there if it paid $10k-$12k every night?