Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Davenport won last year's BRP race.Bloomers has 12 wins at Volusia. 8 at East Bay
    Oh okay...Maybe the BShepp and Bloomer race was year before last?Wow! Didn't realize how many races Scott has won at Volusia County Speedway. Thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan2k4 View Post
    Also some people perform their best when they are challenged the most.
    One thing that I believe most of us have come to realize from your posts is that you are most definitely challenged. Just haven't decided if it's mentally or physically.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by NY DIRT View Post
    Is he the GOAT--YES
    Is he capable of winning races--YES
    Look at him now. look at him 15 years ago. look at his racing statistics now. Look at them 15 years ago.
    Is he past his prime-- Of course he is...
    So is McCreadie past his prime?
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I doubt Bloomer cares what we think...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

He’s winning right this moment because you are all talking about him. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    So is McCreadie past his prime?
    Is he capable of winning --YES
    Is he pat his prime--YES

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Some how I knew there would be a thread like this. LOL
    Feel free shout out all the praise you like!!!!!

Anyone in their 50's is past their prime...…...except maybe Dolly Parton.

Anyone in their 50's is past their prime...…..
    That depends on how you define "prime"? Physically. Sure! But racing is a sport that's not entirely physical. It's much more mental. Here's a guy who's 86 years old and can still strap himself into a 10000+ hp vehicle and go from 0 tor 300 MPH in less than a quarter mile. Looking at guys like this and John Force, who's in his 70's, Bloomquist could still have many good years left in him.

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/86-year-...th-305-mph-run

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan2k4 View Post
    That depends on how you define "prime"? Physically. Sure! But racing is a sport that's not entirely physical. It's much more mental. Here's a guy who's 86 years old and can still strap himself into a 10000+ hp vehicle and go from 0 tor 300 MPH in less than a quarter mile. Looking at guys like this and John Force, who's in his 70's, Bloomquist could still have many good years left in him.

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/86-year-...th-305-mph-run
    I think he will have a healthy dose of victories this year, but I agree with you. It seems that in racing, it's not such a matter of a racer being less physically/mentally capable. More times than not it's a matter of the focus being elsewhere. i.e.. family life, building & selling cars, wanting less travel.

I also believe the competition is insane, and it's a marvel that he's stayed on top of the engineering advancements in these cars or 30+ years. I don't know Scott's level of education, but he's up against a legit NASA engineers. He's outlasted all the others in their prime: Birky, Owens, Moyer, McDowell, EPJ, Smith, Moran, Frye...

Karamesines is 87, not only 86. He's got 10 years on me to the day so even I can do the math. Dumb whippersnappers that write some of those articles can't do basic math without their smartphone. Chris held the NHRA record in 1956 or '57 at 169 in the 1/4 until some young unknown from Florida in a funny named car, Swamp Rat, topped that at 176, a speed the experts said was impossible. His name was/is Don Garlits.

Scott's father was seriously involved in building airplanes so he's obviously got some smart genes in his blood.

Sure hes past his prime. But, I'm always very happy to see him pull into the track. When I'm at a race. You just know something going to happen. And he sure as he1l can still get-er done!

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Feel free shout out all the praise you like!!!!!
    OK, praise praise praise praise.

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill32 View Post
    Sure hes past his prime. But, I'm always very happy to see him pull into the track. When I'm at a race. You just know something going to happen. And he sure as he1l can still get-er done!
    Yep and he will probably go on a tear just to prove you are right!

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I seen a Chuck Hummer T Shirt in the pits @ Screven.
    Looks like Hummer already packed up and headed north. He shut down his "Chuck Hummer Racing" FB page after some chick in Florida saw it, and posted all kinds of stuff about him being wanted in Florida for DNA testing for her kid from 7 years ago.... He's nowhere to be found now.

18th to third, not bad. He sucked early on.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by ThebigE View Post
    Looks like Hummer already packed up and headed north. He shut down his "Chuck Hummer Racing" FB page after some chick in Florida saw it, and posted all kinds of stuff about him being wanted in Florida for DNA testing for her kid from 7 years ago.... He's nowhere to be found now.
    Funny....I'm right here in Volusia I wouldn't get caught up in what untrue facts people like to post about me let's focus on the sport of racing and helping others in the community! Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Rsr fan View Post
    Funny....I'm right here in Volusia I wouldn't get caught up in what untrue facts people like to post about me let's focus on the sport of racing and helping others in the community! Chuck
    And once again...crickets....

Where can I get a Chuck Hummer shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter Davenport View Post
    And once again...crickets....Where can I get a Chuck Hummer shirt?
    At my trailer!!! For the Woo show

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    6 months of no sugar and bread and be would be a new man.
    I know people who have just given up soda and it was life changing. Yes, I noticed a few years ago Bloomer was aging rapidly. During his TV interviews Bloomer looked bloated and pasty. That being said, its nice for the first time in my life that Moyer and Bloomer dont win everything.