Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan2k4 View Post
    Too many cars on too small of a racetrack means luck determine the winner. The driver leading is at the mercy of the lap traffic and what they decide to do whenever he approaches them. The drivers behind the leader pursuing him has the advantage of being able to see how that unfolds and make their decisions based on that Too many cars on too small of a racetrack also typically means more cautions as back markers who probably shouldn't even be out there spin out and wreck often or wreck others. The timing of those random cautions caused by guys who shouldn't even be out there can benefit some and not others.For Midgets, 3/4 Midgets, and sometimes sprintcars! but Late models are a whole different beast. They're bigger wider and heavier and don't have the agility or acceleration of those lighter smaller cars. They need to carry more momentum. A tiny crowded go kart track is not good for them If you like the winner to be decided by a flip of the coin then an overcrowded tiny track is the way to go.
    Everyone has to pass the same lapped cars. The lappers have a layover displayed. The leader gets first choice on what lane to use. It works both ways.

I think your wrong period.

Too many cars on too small of a racetrack means luck determine the winner. The driver leading is at the mercy of the lap traffic and what they decide to do whenever he approaches them. The drivers behind the leader pursuing him has the advantage of being able to see how that unfolds and make their decisions based on that Too many cars on too small of a racetrack also typically means more cautions as back markers who probably shouldn't even be out there spin out and wreck often or wreck others. The timing of those random cautions caused by guys who shouldn't even be out there can benefit some and not others.

For Midgets, 3/4 Midgets, and sometimes sprintcars! but Late models are a whole different beast. They're bigger wider and heavier and don't have the agility or acceleration of those lighter smaller cars. They need to carry more momentum. A tiny crowded go kart track is not good for them If you like the winner to be decided by a flip of the coin then an overcrowded tiny track is the way to go.
    That’s called racing.

What is this guy smoking???

Can't be smoking anything good.

Different strokes. Non-wing sprint fans go nuts when there’s a split second pass made, look away for an instant and you may miss it. Or when the winner is half a lap ahead. I don’t get it but they have their following and it’s not a small group. Non-wing sprints are a different story.
    I hate time trials.

Too many cars on too small of a racetrack means luck determine the winner. The driver leading is at the mercy of the lap traffic and what they decide to do whenever he approaches them. The drivers behind the leader pursuing him has the advantage of being able to see how that unfolds and make their decisions based on that Too many cars on too small of a racetrack also typically means more cautions as back markers who probably shouldn't even be out there spin out and wreck often or wreck others. The timing of those random cautions caused by guys who shouldn't even be out there can benefit some and not others. For Midgets, 3/4 Midgets, and sometimes sprintcars! but Late models are a whole different beast. They're bigger wider and heavier and don't have the agility or acceleration of those lighter smaller cars. They need to carry more momentum. A tiny crowded go kart track is not good for them If you like the winner to be decided by a flip of the coin then an overcrowded tiny track is the way to go.
    would if be safe to think this guy is new to dirt racing?

I personally thought the this was one of the better weeks as a whole for East Bay...
    I wrote the $3,000 trip off several years ago due to boring racing... Sign me back up if this will be the norm...

Speedweeks has been as entertaining as it gets IMO. Great fun.

Look, I'm in the minority of most on here about qualifying and inverts as I don't believe in penalizing guys for being fast, but what in the absolute hell are you talking about?

Having to work traffic and make the right decisions are part of the equation. Big tracks are quite simply boring in most cases.

22 years in a row for me and this was one of the best, racing and weather...
    -------------------------
    See you down the road!!!!

Stefan wouldn’t like Macon

No he wouldn't lol

Too many cars on too small of a racetrack means luck determine the winner. The driver leading is at the mercy of the lap traffic and what they decide to do whenever he approaches them. The drivers behind the leader pursuing him has the advantage of being able to see how that unfolds and make their decisions based on that Too many cars on too small of a racetrack also typically means more cautions as back markers who probably shouldn't even be out there spin out and wreck often or wreck others. The timing of those random cautions caused by guys who shouldn't even be out there can benefit some and not others.

For Midgets, 3/4 Midgets, and sometimes sprintcars! but Late models are a whole different beast. They're bigger wider and heavier and don't have the agility or acceleration of those lighter smaller cars. They need to carry more momentum. A tiny crowded go kart track is not good for them If you like the winner to be decided by a flip of the coin then an overcrowded tiny track is the way to go.
    You have a point there. People don't care if lapped traffic affects the races so much though. It gives their favorite driver a chance to get lucky.

Seems you prefer tracks like the one in Daytona! smh

Eastbay will always be some of the best racing a fan will ever see!

Excellent racing, excellent coverage on Lucas Oil Racing TV, not much more we could ask for, except maybe all the Lucas Oil late Model races to be on Lucas Oil Racing TV .

From what I have read about all the races so far, it does sound like the racing was the best in many years. I wish I had been down there in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    Look, I'm in the minority of most on here about qualifying and inverts as I don't believe in penalizing guys for being fast, but what in the absolute hell are you talking about?

Having to work traffic and make the right decisions are part of the equation. Big tracks are quite simply boring in most cases.
    My thoughts too. As long as you can pass on the track, all good. East Bay is not too small. Hell, Macon ain’t with the shape it is. Belle Clair, you got an argument there.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I watched every race and was amazed at how well the track stayed together and was racey