Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default East Bay Thoughts

One word to describe the racing at East Bay. Wow
    Tanner English, anyone who follows the sport knows he has talent and can run with the best and now being in a car with good resources and funding he is ready to knock off a few national touring wins. Simply put the young man is loaded with talent.
    Colton Flinner it was good to see this young man make features and run up front. He took his lumps a few years ago and now it is starting to lay off for him. An excellent week of Mr. Flinner.
    Billy Moyer Jr. what a very nice and polite young man. I only spent a few minutes at his hauler buying a shirt but you can tell he loves the sport but loves his family even more. I encourage everyone to go buy one of his Arkansas Children’s Hospital shirts and give to a great cause.
    The competition that Lucas Oil brings in is amazing. The series absolutely loaded with talent. Personally I would love to see some type of a redraw or rash among heat winners to determine feature starting positions.
    I have lots more to say but I will end how I started WOW. What a week of racing.

Track too small. Makes passing lap cars too difficult. Perhaps on smaller tracks like this the size of the field should be reduced. That would also make the consolation races more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan2k4 View Post
    Track too small. Makes passing lap cars too difficult. Perhaps on smaller tracks like this the size of the field should be reduced. That would also make the consolation races more interesting.
    What track was you at? I seen none of these problems. ....I enjoyed everything as usual. Only east bay complaint I would’ve had is if I went to the concessions. Those prices for food was ridiculous. Draft beer was cheaper than the food. So I stuck with that and hit Steak n Shake after.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

I thought the racing all week was outstanding. As far as track size some of your smaller tracks produce some of the best racing in my opinion. It's not that bigger tracks don't but, it seems like the smaller tracks if prep right almost always does. That's why in my opinion having lucas oil tv for this week is worth the money even if I don't watch another race on it but, that's not going to happen lol.
    I also love it when you hear drivers say the tracks is hard to get ahold of. It can make for some good racing and in this case it did.

People are entitled to their opinions, but I'm sorry, this statement is 100% wrong.

I think racing is better the smaller the track. Passing should be hard,leads to excitement

Some of the best racing is produced on 1/4 mile bullrings.
    8/13/16

If you think East Bay is too small, you'd hate FALS. This isn't NASCAR. Passing lapped traffic is where skill comes in on the dirt. They have to decide in a split second through a turn, which way to go. Top, low, middle...good stuff. The racing was flat out on fire.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.. That being said, the best time to delete this comment was immediately after posting it.. The second best time is now...
    I don't always post on 4m.. But when I do, I'm usually sitting on the crapper!!

East Bay this past was great racing!!

Maybe we need to go to stage racing then on short tracks to eliminate racing in lapped traffic.

I thought the racing was great. The track was challenging, there was plenty of passing, cars coming from the back to the front, comers and goers, battles for the lead. I'd be content if they ran there every week.

Tonight's race at Bubba's is going to be interesting. Anyone that has LucasTV or DoD should go back and watch that race from last year. Erb sat on the pole, which doesn't bode well if you're a fan of someone else, even if he did have a "rough night" afterwards. Also, that was the race were Richards doored EPJ into the wall on the front stretch then spun and collected a bunch of cars behind him.

It will be tough for Bubba's to top East Bay, but it will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Eastbaywas great all week. Small tracks are what I want to see not those 1/2 mile sleeper tracks. A couple of groves a few dumps and bumper to bumper side by side racing. Great week and Volusia will be very good also. Now Ocala they can have that track.

Davenport has 2 wins at Bubba. I don't remember who has the other one. Might be EPJ. I'd have to go back and look.

BRP kinda looks like Pocono. lol

Sheppard has the other win at BRP. Davenport has 2.

I thought the racing at East Bay was fantastic. And if the rest of the season is anything like it, this will be a year to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Sheppard has the other win at BRP. Davenport has 2.
    I’m thinking there should be a pretty good car count there tonight

Um.......no.

The evolution of short track racing technology has rendered larger tracks mostly into dinosaurs. Cars are too delicate and racing in general isn’t as close. There’s exceptions, such as Knoxville, but for the most part there’s a reason larger tracks can’t support weekly racing. It is what it is.
    I hate time trials.

Too many cars on too small of a racetrack means luck determine the winner. The driver leading is at the mercy of the lap traffic and what they decide to do whenever he approaches them. The drivers behind the leader pursuing him has the advantage of being able to see how that unfolds and make their decisions based on that Too many cars on too small of a racetrack also typically means more cautions as back markers who probably shouldn't even be out there spin out and wreck often or wreck others. The timing of those random cautions caused by guys who shouldn't even be out there can benefit some and not others.

Some of the best racing is produced on 1/4 mile bullrings.
    For Midgets, 3/4 Midgets, and sometimes sprintcars! but Late models are a whole different beast. They're bigger wider and heavier and don't have the agility or acceleration of those lighter smaller cars. They need to carry more momentum. A tiny crowded go kart track is not good for them If you like the winner to be decided by a flip of the coin then an overcrowded tiny track is the way to go.