Default Ocala rained out.

Per Dennis Erb Jr's FB page.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

From Lucas Oil Facebook: "Unfortunately Mother Nature has won tonight at Bubba Raceway Park. There is no suitable makeup date for 2019. Everyone be careful on the way to your next destination. #LucasDirt #Speedweeks"
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Volusia also rained out tonight. Also says the modified program will be added to Monday.

So here's the rest of the story......It had been lightly raining or misting all day. So, with most of the people there and the mist not slacking up they decided to cancel. And rightly so.

The announcer comes over the intercom and states that our armbands are good for the rest of speedweeks or......we can mail them the armband and they will mail us a refund. So as I walk out the gate, there are perhaps 1-200 people standing around the pit window and ga window. Some start getting rowdy and demanding an instant cash refund. So, a lady walks out, declaring herself the manager, and states that they didn't want anyone standing out in the rain to get their refund so the mail in was a better idea. A few start getting real rowdy and yelling at her until finally she gives in and decides to give us our refund. She then puts us in different lines, 1 for those who paid by check or credit, and 1 for those who paid cash. And then promptly, cops were called and 4-5 cop cars come rolling up to the gate. (really?)

So she leaves and several minutes later sends another guy out and he changes where he wants us to line-up at. Then he declares the armband must still be on your arm or you will not get a refund and also states he only has 1 pair of scissors and for all to be patient!

So we all got our money back, but.....that was a poor decision on their part and am quite sure this will hurt them in the long run! I wouldn't be surprised if Lucas had to tell them to give back the refunds!Go figure!

No suitable make up date?? It's just February!! How about next Sunday?! Just a week later!!

Quote Originally Posted by champion24 View Post
    No suitable make up date?? It's just February!! How about next Sunday?! Just a week later!!
    Or tomorrow night! They have been running against WOO all weekend, whats one more day!

We waited before buying tickets. Left track and went and ate. Glad we did. Will try Bubbas again next year.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    So here's the rest of the story......It had been lightly raining or misting all day. So, with most of the people there and the mist not slacking up they decided to cancel. And rightly so.The announcer comes over the intercom and states that our armbands are good for the rest of speedweeks or......we can mail them the armband and they will mail us a refund. So as I walk out the gate, there are perhaps 1-200 people standing around the pit window and ga window. Some start getting rowdy and demanding an instant cash refund. So, a lady walks out, declaring herself the manager, and states that they didn't want anyone standing out in the rain to get their refund so the mail in was a better idea. A few start getting real rowdy and yelling at her until finally she gives in and decides to give us our refund. She then puts us in different lines, 1 for those who paid by check or credit, and 1 for those who paid cash. And then promptly, cops were called and 4-5 cop cars come rolling up to the gate. (really?)So she leaves and several minutes later sends another guy out and he changes where he wants us to line-up at. Then he declares the armband must still be on your arm or you will not get a refund and also states he only has 1 pair of scissors and for all to be patient!So we all got our money back, but.....that was a poor decision on their part and am quite sure this will hurt them in the long run! I wouldn't be surprised if Lucas had to tell them to give back the refunds!Go figure!
    I have never been giving a refund before.They all have signs that say rain checks only and no refunds.

Everybody has the radar on their phones nowadays. If you buy a ticket with rain in the area that's your fault and you should abide by the track rules. I've paid to get into races before knowing that I likely wouldn't get to see the feature, I wouldn't even think about asking for a refund!

Quote Originally Posted by DLC View Post
    I have never been giving a refund before.They all have signs that say rain checks only and no refunds.
    A rain check is applicable for a re-scheduled event. It’s my understanding that the race was canceled and will not be rescheduled. It’s right for the track to reimburse those who paid to get in. They could have raced. Everyone who was there knows they could’ve gotten it in. But the light rain kept the crowd away. They probably figured they wouldn’t make enough to pay the purse, and pulled the plug. Can’t say I blame them. Operating a race track isn’t easy, and not nearly as profitable as some might believe.

A rain check is applicable for a re-scheduled event. It’s my understanding that the race was canceled and will not be rescheduled. It’s right for the track to reimburse those who paid to get in. They could have raced. Everyone who was there knows they could’ve gotten it in. But the light rain kept the crowd away. They probably figured they wouldn’t make enough to pay the purse, and pulled the plug. Can’t say I blame them. Operating a race track isn’t easy, and not nearly as profitable as some might believe.

Im not too sure they could have gotten it in. It was misting pretty heavily and the drivers would have had a hard time keeping their shields clean.I hated for it to get cancelled but I understand.

The refund deal was just handled way wrong. The mgmt. had a bad attitude about it and poor reasons for not doing it. There is no sign anywhere about their refund policy and how did they expect out-of-towners to use their armband at a later date?...Just poor mgmt. to me!

The lady you dealt with is known to be crazy, and has done more harm to that track than they want to admit. She had a guy taken out by police last year for doing a facebook live for a couple minutes. She also inserted herself into some sort of bad business dealing between two racers where she had zero business. She's toxic, and a number of people (me included) won't ever be back there while she is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by luke81 View Post
    The lady you dealt with is known to be crazy, and has done more harm to that track than they want to admit. She had a guy taken out by police last year for doing a facebook live for a couple minutes.
    The only thing that I personally can substantiate is the guy being tossed for pirating video to Facebook Live. One of the nights a year ago during Speedweeks there was live internet PPV stream being offered for purchase and I believe there was an announcement or signage in place to warn against illegal pirating of racing action video, at this point I don't recall which. Given the circumstances she, or whoever was in charge that night, had every right to have the guy removed from the premises. When there is content that is for sale and it's being pirated for free that's definitely grounds for expulsion whether it be for 2 minutes or 2 hours. It's called stealing, as sure as if the guy had somehow made off with a 12 pack of racetrack beer. Stealin' is stealin'.