Default The Drone at Screven

Did they ever shoot it down? Or arrest anyone? They were threatening to do both lol. It was too funny.

Somehow the idea of them shooting it out of the sky at Screven with a shotgun doesn't seem that far fetched

I've always felt very safe there.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

My little brother brought his drone to Cherokee last year for the WoO race and flew it a few minutes during hot laps. It didn’t take long before the announcer came over the speakers and said no drone flying. It was a WoO rule, not a track rule. WoO officials were the ones having a fit over it. A few hours later we noticed they put up a banner on the fence that said no drones allowed, it was there the whole time we just never noticed it. Thought it was funny though.

Couple years ago some one had a drone up before the start of the Pittsburgher which caused a delay. Drone finally took off over the hillside and they started the race. About a month later Matt Miley (owner/promoter) posted the drone video on his FB page. Talk about the ultimate D-bag, he wins hands down.

I was at that Pittsburgher, when they said to land the drone they said it was a Lucas rule.

I get why the sanctions aren't fan. They have their own media deals for one, and for two, what if a drone comes down during racing action? That's a disaster waiting to happen.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    I was at that Pittsburgher, when they said to land the drone they said it was a Lucas rule. I get why the sanctions aren't fan. They have their own media deals for one, and for two, what if a drone comes down during racing action? That's a disaster waiting to happen.
    I was there for that as well and I’m pretty sure I know who’s it was.

The funniest part at Screven was, everyone thought the drone had left for the night ... then right at the end of the WOO feature race, it appeared again. Then, despite more warnings, it continued to hover over the front stretch while drivers were being interviewed. It was literally hovering about 15 feet above the interviews while the booth announcer was complaining about it lol. It was hilarious.

It would have been pretty funny if while he was complaining about it they flew it over and hovered it right outside the booth window

Hope it had a good 1080p video camera on it!!!

Anybody know who it belonged to?

Ha. I would pay double the admission fee if I thought there was a good chance someone should break out a 12 ga and shoot a drone out of the sky like a clay bird. That would be awesome.