Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

63 77.78%
  • No

18 22.22%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Shannon Babb HOF?

What do you guys think? Should Shannon Babb be in the National Late Model Hall of Fame based on his resume thus far?

As relaxed as the criteria for DLMHOF induction seems to be Babb probably meets the benchmark standards as they've been applied in the past. I don't really agree with a few of the inductee's but I'm not the least influential regarding these decisions. I've always been a fan of Shannon Babb and he's a very talented and clean driver, I'd be happy for him to be inducted.

I would say that he is Hall Of Fame material also.However, they really need to slow down and limit the number of inductees.They are are eventually going to run out of candidates at the rate they are going.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    As relaxed as the criteria for DLMHOF induction seems to be Babb probably meets the benchmark standards as they've been applied in the past. I don't really agree with a few of the inductee's but I'm not the least influential regarding these decisions. I've always been a fan of Shannon Babb and he's a very talented and clean driver, I'd be happy for him to be inducted.
    I agree. If Eckert is in, then Babb is in. At a bare minimum he gets in as a Sportsman.

He will likely reach 100 summer national wins this year. I say yes

With only taking 5 drivers a year. They can go along time.. Hell I can name 25 drivers just from my area that i think should be in.

He is without a doubt a Hall of Famer. Just look at the resume:

2 Topless 100 wins
    2 DTWC wins
    1 Diamond Nationals win
    2 Dixie Shootout wins
    3 Prairie Dirt Classic wins
    97 Summernationals wins
    4 Summernations Championships

If guys like Ed Dixon, Rick Aukland, Pete Parker, Lynn Geisler, Joe Kosiski, Kris Patterson, Steve Kosiski, Roger Long, Kevin Gundaker, Mike Balzano, Bob Kosiski, and Steve Barnett are in (amongst others) then how could one say Babb is not???
    Last edited by thexfactor0210; 02-12-2019 at 01:00 PM.

really??????

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post

2 Topless 100 wins
    2 DTWC wins
    1 Diamond Nationals win
    2 Dixie Shootout wins
    97 Summernationals wins

If guys like Ed Dixon, Rick Aukland, Pete Parker, Lynn Geisler, Joe Kosiski, Kris Patterson, Steve Kosiski, Roger Long, Kevin Gundaker, Mike Balzano, Bob Kosiski, and Steve Barnett are in (amongst others) then how could one say Babb is not???
    Quick...enlighten everyone with ALL of your knowledge on Pete Parker's career and why YOU believe he's not a DLM HoF'er??

Babb will get his induction...don't you worry, but don't discredit guys who got it done decades earlier b/c there wasn't a 4m around back then to toot their horns.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Quick...enlighten everyone with ALL of your knowledge on Pete Parker's career and why YOU believe he's not a DLM HoF'er??

Babb will get his induction...don't you worry, but don't discredit guys who got it done decades earlier b/c there wasn't a 4m around back then to toot their horns.
    Where did he say Pete Parker wasn’t a hall of famer?

He didn’t discredit any of them. All he said, if those guys are in. Then it’s a no brainer.

Based on his accomplishments alone........No!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    And you are a complete idiot...

X, I agree with you 100%. If the criteria benchmark includes all of the guys that you mentioned then Babb's career also measures up. That having been said, what's in question is whether or not the bar of accomplishment is set lower than it should be? That is a question that will have as many answers a people who are asked. My own personal feelings is that the bar that is being used is too low. But no one in charge of who is inducted asked me.
    Last edited by CIRF; 02-12-2019 at 05:10 PM.

Shannon’s accomplishments (wins) to date exceed probably half of the drivers already inducted into the DLMHOF. No offense to anyone in particular, but if you don’t think Shannon Babb is a lock for induction once he’s eligible, you might want to sit this conversation out.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Please. Dudes got more wins then half the guys in the hall of fame now that include multiple crown jewel type race wins.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

2 Topless 100 wins
    2 DTWC wins
    1 Diamond Nationals win
    2 Dixie Shootout wins
    97 Summernationals wins

you cant count summernational wins and summernational championships...that has already been made VERY clear to me by the 4m faithful that those are irrelevant

I posted based on HIS accomplishments not anybody elses.

Now, who's the idiot(s)!

If your not from the Midwest then yes summer nationals is irrelevant. I disagree of the old days as their used to be great competition and even today it's looking to be great this year. If think it would get more credit as they race 28 nights out of 32. No other series does that. An Babb will get in just a matter of when. I've followed him since he started in modifieds

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Please. Dudes got more wins then half the guys in the hall of fame now that include multiple crown jewel type race wins.
    those oldtimer stats are bloated and overrated compared to the modern era of dirt late model racing.

imo a long with many wins you should atleast have a former or current crown jewel on your resume and - or national touring series title.