Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fan blade

10/4..................

I thought it was funny.

PS: However, I'm offended at the sister HOE comment hope my sister don't read this. Nope ain't got a sister anyways, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    a single pass radiator with a 1:1 pulley and nothing in the thermostat housing has always ran hot in the summer on race gas for me , so i use a thermostat in cold weather and a washer with a 5/8 hole in summer with about a 30% reduction on pulleys and maintained a constant temp , also a good fan shroud is important , maybe these ole fords require more attention than them cheby,s.........lol....
    My results, with Chevy engines, have been very similar to yours. In a closed system, more contact time with the heat transfer device will decrease the temp out of that device. However, it also allows the hot part to get hotter. I didn't do that great in thermodynamics, but I just do what works for me.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 05-18-2019 at 10:05 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    I thought it was funny.

PS: However, I'm offended at the sister HOE comment hope my sister don't read this. Nope ain't got a sister anyways, lol.
    lol , that old saying has been around longer than i have ,

Is there a need on a Ford to run coolant lines from the water pump to the block, like Chevys?

Quote Originally Posted by SRXSRULE View Post
    I dont have a 604, but a 602 in a 2900lb street stock. I have done a bunch of testing on the chassis dyno with fans and shrouds. The combination I run now is the 17" "Race Fan" with the changable plastic blades. This is with a 26" SINGLE pass radiator and the new dirt defender fan shroud. This is a great combination and the tuneable blades are great.

Going from 4 blades to 2 blades is worth 4hp, and going to 2 blades with 3/8" of blade removed (reduced pitch) is worth another 4 hp. This set-up only takes 6 hp to run and is what I run when the temps are 70* or below, increase pitch or number of blades as temps get into the 80's / 90's.

This has been running 190-200 consistently.

Stewart stage 3 water pump, 1:1 pulleys, belts that dont slip, and a CLEAN single pass radiator with no stat or restrictor, on race gas and 36* timing.

UPDATE:

2 months later, mid summer now. Still running the same cooling system, with the fan in the 3 blade configuration. Runs 195* every night. Last week in a 30 lap feature we went caution free for 28 laps... No problems, still 195.