Default MD3 Evo vs Evo2 nose

I see cars with the newer nose and some with the older one.. Whats the reason for this ? Is one nose better for a certain type of tracks ?

Rocket 1 car doesn't even run the evo. They run the first gen. I think its preference. I was able to get the left side higher on the evo 2 and the right side flatter. The evo 1 has a flat rf flipper option but it doesn't lay nearly as flat as the evo2, without trimming most of the time. The evo2 is quite a bit more expensive though.

Evo 2 allows you to get clearence on RF on older cars that the RF frame sits lower out front. AFAIK

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher88 View Post
    Rocket 1 car doesn't even run the evo. They run the first gen. I think its preference. I was able to get the left side higher on the evo 2 and the right side flatter. The evo 1 has a flat rf flipper option but it doesn't lay nearly as flat as the evo2, without trimming most of the time. The evo2 is quite a bit more expensive though.
    It's been a really long time, but last time I asked mark why they wasn't using the newer nose he said: basically the new noses hadn't been proven to him to be better so they was staying with what worked for them.

Now, I took that as he just had no data that said they was better at the time and no idea if he has gotten any data since or just had a stock pile of them and everyone wants the newer noses so he could be using them up since they aren't selling.