Default Drydene and Larson

I wonder how Larson landed that sponsor. You would think they would have found someone with some better results to represent there company. He consistently fighting for 15th - 20th if he makes the show. Just my opinion.

Was thinking the same thing. I thought Dryden was sponsoring Rick Eckert. Then they bailed on him. Scrub has more talent in his big toe than Larson does in his whole body.

Quote Originally Posted by nomar523 View Post
    Was thinking the same thing. I thought Dryden was sponsoring Rick Eckert. Then they bailed on him. Scrub has more talent in his big toe than Larson does in his whole body.
    I don’t understand why they went with them. They didn’t bail on eckert he didn’t have a ride to go racing

His deal was negotiated with a third party PR firm... Often having the winningest driver means squat compared to having a partner that helps promote your product.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Maybearnie is promising to use drydene in his snowmobiles lol

Quote Originally Posted by nomar523 View Post
    Scrub has more talent in his big toe than Larson does in his whole body.
    True...but Larson actually has a car to sponsor.

3rd place, 7th place, 15th place, 21st place doesn't matter, all the same. Unless you're waving the checkered at the end of the race, 2nd through 24th are all the same to a sponsor.

Scrub and Larson had the same amount of wins last year on the WoO tour...zero.

I haven't seen Arnie at Speedweeks this year, does anyone know how he is doing health wise. Last year I heard he was battling stage 4 cancer. I know he owns that B1 team lock, stock and barrel. Larson has a hell of a deal going for himself, for Arnie's sake I hope he can improve on his finishes. Without those provisional s he would be on the sidelines watching.

Quote Originally Posted by racingfan99 View Post
    I haven't seen Arnie at Speedweeks this year, does anyone know how he is doing health wise. Last year I heard he was battling stage 4 cancer. I know he owns that B1 team lock, stock and barrel. Larson has a hell of a deal going for himself, for Arnie's sake I hope he can improve on his finishes. Without those provisional s he would be on the sidelines watching.
    The only thing that Larson has going is that he is consistent, consistently using provisionals . After 5 races he has used 5 provisionals, which equals 100%. Drydene must be so proud, you sure can see that they did not do their homework and look fully at his racing resume. So many more deserving drivers that could of used this sponsorship. Time to put a limit on provisionals.

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    The only thing that Larson has going is that he is consistent, consistently using provisionals . After 5 races he has used 5 provisionals, which equals 100%. Drydene must be so proud, you sure can see that they did not do their homework and look fully at his racing resume. So many more deserving drivers that could of used this sponsorship. Time to put a limit on provisionals.
    I know he ticks off the front runners quite a bit. Yeah, I dunno who exactly, but someone who runs very well and seems to be down on funds. Tyler Carpenter?
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Could have a lot to do with the proposal. Driver A outlines potential views, promotional appearances, free tickets, how they’ll entertain the brass at a track event, etc., I.E. how professional they appear. Driver B says give me some money. Driver A gets a serious look, Driver B gets the ole “don’t call us we’ll call you”. In many situations it’s not how many times you go across the stage but how good of a promoter you are. Big corporations are turned off unless proposals of about any type are supported in detailed writing, documentation, and photos.
    I hate time trials.

When he gets to the Midwest, he will be fine. Drydene got their rolling billboard on the track. When it gets lapped, they get extra coverage. Sponsorship is rarely a meritocracy.

Speedweeks does not define the entire season. He should be ok when he gets out of Florida. Heck EPJ hasnt made a race at Volusia. I don't figure Lucas Oil will pull sponsorship over it.

It's a business deal. Sponsors don't go around looking for some fan favorite to hand cash to... they get approached with a proposal put out by the driver/team/hired gun.

I've worked sponsorship deals with Coors, Budweiser and others. Sometimes you "cold call" and sometimes you meet a guy who knows a guy... you get an " in" with the company.

I've seen my hard work evaporate in a heartbeat when the track I represented blew a six figure deal when the track owner couldn't keep his mouth shut and his bragging and BS caused a VP of marketing to put the check back in his pocket and fly back to Colorado without a deal.

Some guys get questioned about how they got their sponsors... Often it's because they ASKED!
    Class of 2019

I've known Arnie for over two decades, have bought a half dozen snowmobiles from him over the years and he has personally funded his own team for the last three years, both the B1 team and the #17 ice oval racing team. He made sure everyone involved with the team wore his clothing and they traveled all over the country for exposure in hopes one day of landing a major sponsor. He hired a marketing firm to assist in finding a sponsor and they liked what they saw.

It looks like Drydene liked his model with the car design and willingness to run the WoO series and more so hopefully they can have a strong relationship going forward.

It is so unfortunate that cancer has befallen this great guy, he has shown all of us what hard work, 9 to 9, 7 days a week will do. Pretty good for a Minnesota boy!

Quote Originally Posted by schlieperfan9 View Post
    I've known Arnie for over two decades, have bought a half dozen snowmobiles from him over the years and he has personally funded his own team for the last three years, both the B1 team and the #17 ice oval racing team. He made sure everyone involved with the team wore his clothing and they traveled all over the country for exposure in hopes one day of landing a major sponsor. He hired a marketing firm to assist in finding a sponsor and they liked what they saw.

It looks like Drydene liked his model with the car design and willingness to run the WoO series and more so hopefully they can have a strong relationship going forward.

It is so unfortunate that cancer has befallen this great guy, he has shown all of us what hard work, 9 to 9, 7 days a week will do. Pretty good for a Minnesota boy!
    How is his health today?
    Class of 2019

He did not go to Speedweeks because he was getting radiation at the Mayo Clinic, he is in his 2nd year of Advanced Prostate Cancer Stage 4. He is on Hormone therapy and Chemo Therapy so his outlook is not good. There is no cure. Why do the good guys end up like that?

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    Speedweeks does not define the entire season. He should be ok when he gets out of Florida. Heck EPJ hasnt made a race at Volusia. I don't figure Lucas Oil will pull sponsorship over it.
    BOOM!! Thank you for pointing this out.

There were 45+ cars at Volusia each night and those fields were stacked.

I'd love to see how many guys could start 7th or 8th in a heat and pass four guys the caliper of B-Shepp, Bloomer, JD, Owens, Richards, O'Neal, Madden, Clanton, Erb Jr. etc. in 10 laps.

All of those guys know how to make their cars really wide for 2-3 laps to hold onto a position, let alone a tranfer position. Now go pass 4 or 5 of them in 10 laps!?!?

It's not Saturday Night Speedway on the Playstation.