Default Bmod open motor fuel

Thoughts on fuel for a 9.5-1 bmod motor. we currently run 110race gas/93 pump at 50/50 thinking about trying AV gas and 93 pump at 50/50 but have heard its to dry.

put some marvel mystery oil in it , e85 is better and cheaper if you can run it and willing to convert or replace carb...JMO.....

Avgas is said to be “dry” because it is checked very often for water contamination. If you add marvels to it, you will lower the octane. I have ran 50/50 avgas and non ethanol 93 octane mixes in lower compression motors with good results. E85 needs high compression to yield any real benefit. Running e85 will require more maintenance than gas will require. To run e85, you will need a carb that is modified for it.

At 9.5-1 you don't need anything over 93. Some of the oxygenated fuel will probably make more power but be much more costly than what you are currently mixing. Avgas and 93 would be cheaper yet and still work fine.

e85 will help a 9:1 engine , it has been proven over and over , also engine will run cooler in summer , we run it in just about every thing now with little maintenance , now methanol is another story , requires a good bit of maintenance , a lot of people confuse the two.........by the way , our overall fuel bill is WAY less with e85 compared to racing fuel , main problem is people dont want to learn how to use it..........

Default av gas is a bad substitute

Having trouble posting a link. Google racing gasoline vs aviation gasoline whitfield oil company to read why. Many other articles that inforce these facts.

i do think it is a bad substitute myself , the only customer i have that still uses it as a blend is a drag racer , and he has his own reasoning , back in the day , before they changed the formula , we used a mixture of toluene ( paint thinner) to boost octane , gas , AV fuel and marvel mystery oil and it worked great ,