Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Another piece that is a characteristic of many southern tracks is the 'water truck' lane. Years ago I asked a promoter why they took banking away from the top of the track, he told me 'so the water truck has a place to drive around'. Took away one third of the usable track surface. Line up fastest to slowest on a narrow track and wonder why there is no passing. Get rid of qualifying and draw if you want, force the drivers to make two grooves and they will. The same people will win but it will be way more entertaining (the reason you have grandstands).

Man ive never really heard people complain about modified tires being too narrow and cutting up a track. Around us, we complain about hobby stocks and 4 cylinders FWD with their street tires. Some tracks adjust their order of hotlaps and heats to keep the street tire classes from rutting up the track. Many Texas/ Arkansas tracks run some sort of factory stock class using asphalt take offs. $15 a tire, lasts til the sidewalls give out and BEST track packing class ever. they also say that when it gets slick, those tires hook up awesome.

In the Midwest I know in the summer months, especially for the heat races, when the pro 4s ran before us we didn't mind cause they would pull moisture back to the surface...

Quote Originally Posted by Winston_Wolfe View Post
    1. Run the Super Late Model feature as early in the program as possible. After that, folks can stay for as many classes as they want. 2. Start on time and keep a race on the track continuously except for a brief intermission. 3. If you run more than 2 or 3 classes, either do pill draws or qualify them after the Super Late Model feature. I am sorry, but we do not drive 6 or 8 hours to see your local classes.4. Do not run out of drinks and food. There is a Walmart on every freaking corner, so send somebody there if you didn't plan for the crowd you ended up with. 5. Announcers: Report the show, don't try and become the show. Sometimes silence is golden so people can enjoy talking with one another.6. Have a three spins/caution rule and the car is black flagged.7. Put a time limit on support class races. Sometimes, it is just not their night.8. If you advertise that gates open at 4:00 PM, do not let people save any seats prior to that.
    best post!!! nothing gets me more than the saving seat BS.