Default steel block to aluminum motor position

Im hopefully switching from an lightweight 357 steel block aluminum head wet sump to a 408 all aluminum dry sump motor and have been debating on mounting positions. I currently have the motor spaced up 1" and have a rele good setup as i was finishing up front despite being out powered. should i keep it spaced up and just compensate for the weight or do i put back to original location. my cars is a 08 Rayburn. Im thinking about keeping it up 1" but would like some opinions. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dangerdann View Post
    Im hopefully switching from an lightweight 357 steel block aluminum head wet sump to a 408 all aluminum dry sump motor and have been debating on mounting positions. I currently have the motor spaced up 1" and have a rele good setup as i was finishing up front despite being out powered. should i keep it spaced up and just compensate for the weight or do i put back to original location. my cars is a 08 Rayburn. Im thinking about keeping it up 1" but would like some opinions. thanks
    The CG height will rise when you ditch the iron block. In theory, you would lower the engine. Watch your left side percentage change.

I would start by weighing both engines to see what the actual difference in weight is. If for example the steel block engine has been through a thorough lightening process including the block, main caps, heads, intake etc and also has a light rotating mass you may be surprised at how little difference there is. It only takes five minutes to throw them on your LF scale to find out.