Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Trading Paint dirt late model movie

Today was the release date for the kovie Trading Paint with John Travolta and Shania Twain. Have you seen it yet?

If you can't find the movie in a theater near you the movie is available on iTunes for $6.99 or Amazon Prime.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Did it even make it to theatres? I thought it was a straight to dvd type movie

What ever happened to that Over the Wall movie or whatever they named it. That they were filming at Eldora several years ago????? The one that they kept doing hotlaps over and over and over trying to have Jon Henry pass everyone. And then his car finally broke down and they had to give it up. lol

They ruined a tacky surface with what seemed like 20 hot lap sessions!!!

Just got done watching the movie... not bad.

Ok we could go on and on about the racing scenes... but there were a few minutes of good shop scenes toward the end. Of course the hero had to buy a Rocket chassis and a Clements motor to win the big race...

Overall I'd give it 3.5 stars...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

How good was Shania at playing her part ?

It will be in Theatres on March 22.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    How good was Shania at playing her part ?
    Good... The role wasn't much of a challenge but she did OK.

I kinda have a crush on her so I'm biased.

Hey late model Mark... Where the heck we're you in the pic?
    Class of 2019

I also just watched it. And i have to say it was really hard to watch. And not just because it was horrible from every aspect but mainly because my wife kept coming in and asking how in the hell are you still watching that lol. One hour and twenty seven minutes i can never get back

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    I also just watched it. And i have to say it was really hard to watch. And not just because it was horrible from every aspect but mainly because my wife kept coming in and asking how in the hell are you still watching that lol. One hour and twenty seven minutes i can never get back
    Better than watching a 25 lap follow the leader feature...although in the movie they started the fast guys up front on a dry, slick track.

Realistic ? You bet!!!
    Class of 2019

I would rather watch the 25 lap follow the leader feature. I am glad I didn't have to pay for it, only in lost time the wife and I will never get back. If you want to watch a dirt late model movie, watch Six Pack, even if it is probably like 40 years old, it had way better racing scenes and acting.

Did I completely imagine it, or wasn't Bobby Pierce and Earl Pearson supposed to be in this movie? Or was it Over the Wall? Or did I completely imagine the entire thing?

As for Trading Paint, it was almost like they threw a bunch of money at Travolta and Twain to get them on board and forgot to set aside enough money for a decent script writer. But at least it is dirt racing in a movie. And yes, Six Pack is still the standard as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnStreet View Post
    Did I completely imagine it, or wasn't Bobby Pierce and Earl Pearson supposed to be in this movie? Or was it Over the Wall? Or did I completely imagine the entire thing?

As for Trading Paint, it was almost like they threw a bunch of money at Travolta and Twain to get them on board and forgot to set aside enough money for a decent script writer. But at least it is dirt racing in a movie. And yes, Six Pack is still the standard as far as I'm concerned.
    You must be thinking of Over the Wall. Definitely not this one.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Yep, flipping Six Pack is where it’s at. And the teenager singing Rocky Top, I’ve always thought was cool.

Though I’ll admit, my favorite racing movie is probably Days of Thunder.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

he bought a brand new rocket with a Clements engine for 8500$ lol. when they showed it at the track it was a old grt. they threw the checkered flag and said 1 lap to go, shifting gears while racing, u would think they could at least make the cars sound like race cars. terrible!

Quote Originally Posted by GRT32 View Post
    he bought a brand new rocket with a Clements engine for 8500$ lol. when they showed it at the track it was a old grt. they threw the checkered flag and said 1 lap to go, shifting gears while racing, u would think they could at least make the cars sound like race cars. terrible!
    Gotta fix your hearing aid ...he sold the Boss 302 and paid $80k for the car...

Like I said pick out your favorite cop movie and there are police officers everywhere laughing at how bad the movie depicts cops.
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    Gotta fix your hearing aid ...he sold the Boss 302 and paid $80k for the car...

Like I said pick out your favorite cop movie and there are police officers everywhere laughing at how bad the movie depicts cops.
    Blue Bloods is what I’m watching on Netflix right now, used to watch it every Friday night, dunno if it’s still on regular cable. To me that show does a good job of balancing everything. And the actors and actresses have genuine interactions. Tom Selleck as the Commissioner is just too good.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

what is funny the director is some middle eastern guy from Syria ( or something like that) that probrably has never been to a dirt race in his life. I imagine its the same old stupid racing script. A down and out driver comes back against all odds and becomes the hero once again. I'm I right? I also guess they got about 20% of racing accurate. Or over sell the racing...

I just want to know how cheesy is this movie because, most racing movies are pretty cheesy just saying lol

It was pretty bad, but it's a movie based on dirt late model racing. So I can't hate on it too much. John Travolta has so many great movies, it's really hard to believe he was so involved in this one. That's the part that stands out most to me. That and they obviously had very little input from anyone from the real DLM community.