Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 30 consecutive years......!

According to Dod, Bloomer has won a 5 figure winners check for 30 straight years! Don Oneal is the next closest at 19!

Impressive, I don't care who you are!

Well I’ll sleep better tonight.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Wow.... Bloomquist doesn’t win in GA or FL and his exotics are relagated to bringing up facts that really don’t mean crap... lol

Scott’s the Goat... there’s no need to stroke that Old D1ck... GOAT sounds the same before and after

Here's a stat for you...

Billy Moyer and myself have a combined 836 late model feature wins.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    According to Dod, Bloomer has won a 5 figure winners check for 30 straight years! Don Oneal is the next closest at 19!

Impressive, I don't care who you are!
    Look at you, poking the hornets nest, snowflake storm, whatever you wanna call it. Talk about whoever they like and it’s all good, much praise indeed, but oh no, don’t talk about that devil in the zero car.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Here's a stat for you...

Billy Moyer and myself have a combined 836 late model feature wins.
    Buck Simmons had a 1,000.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Always heard Roger Dolan is well over 1,000 wins as well (thought it was cool Benny Parson's talked about it when he was doing TV). 30 years of winning at least one 'big money' race is something as well..

Going back to 1989, there could not have been to many races with a winner's take in the 5 figures.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Going back to 1989, there could not have been to many races with a winner's take in the 5 figures.
    He won the World 100 in '88 and '90, so that would've taken care of two of the first three years of this streak. Then he started running the HAT series in '93. He only had to win one of the higher paying series races each year since then to continue the streak, and that would be easy for someone of his caliber. The most impressive part about Scott's career, IMO, is the longevity and consistency. I don't think he's the best driver I've ever seen, but no one is better at setting up the car, managing tires, etc., and he's definitely #1 in accomplishments, by a long shot. While some guys faded, by either choice or circumstance (Moran choosing family over racing, Moyer's back issues, etc), Scott just keeps on rolling. He's like the Pete Rose of DLM racing. Pete was never the greatest hitter at any time in his career, but he's the Hit King, because he has the most career hits and no one will ever surpass him. Scott was obviously the best in the business at times, but I still see him in a similar light at Rose. And that's a big compliment.

Interesting stat. Thanks for sharing. Man he’s been consistent and has been on top of all the changes to a dirt late model for 30 + years.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Buck Simmons had a 1,000.
    So did Mike Duvall

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    He won the World 100 in '88 and '90, so that would've taken care of two of the first three years of this streak. Then he started running the HAT series in '93. He only had to win one of the higher paying series races each year since then to continue the streak, and that would be easy for someone of his caliber. The most impressive part about Scott's career, IMO, is the longevity and consistency. I don't think he's the best driver I've ever seen, but no one is better at setting up the car, managing tires, etc., and he's definitely #1 in accomplishments, by a long shot. While some guys faded, by either choice or circumstance (Moran choosing family over racing, Moyer's back issues, etc), Scott just keeps on rolling. He's like the Pete Rose of DLM racing. Pete was never the greatest hitter at any time in his career, but he's the Hit King, because he has the most career hits and no one will ever surpass him. Scott was obviously the best in the business at times, but I still see him in a similar light at Rose. And that's a big compliment.

1989 Pittsburgher. I think it would have been 10k or more
    1991, Jackson 100 paid 12k
    1992 forward it seems a big portion of STARS and HAT races paid 10k plus.
    Last edited by BloomerHarvickFan; 02-28-2019 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    Good post, yes I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    Always heard Roger Dolan is well over 1,000 wins as well (thought it was cool Benny Parson's talked about it when he was doing TV). 30 years of winning at least one 'big money' race is something as well..
    I was a big Roger Dolan fan but he was nowhere near 1000 feature wins - I would say 350-400. His son Ryan has got a ton of wins in his long career and is still going strong.

The ones that won a thousand (if you say so) races are the ones that spent the 60's and 70's at their local tracks, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, winning $300 dollar features against the locals before the racing series were created.

Again, the part I always thought was cool was when they talked about Dolan and his wins on TV (they were comparing Trickle's wins back when he was driving and Parson's brought up Dolan). Seems far fetched so I understand, I will say I watched Dolan win 3 nights a week all summer long one year in the Precision Performance car. He was one of the smoothest drivers you would see and I always tried to get his advice when I started driving. Great person and I hope he is doing well.

When you compare to the really old guys. You have to remember. A lot of them raced way more races a week
    Some talk about racing 4 to 6 nights a week
    Now days. It's hard for local racers to find two tracks a week they can run at

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    The ones that won a thousand (if you say so) races are the ones that spent the 60's and 70's at their local tracks, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, winning $300 dollar features against the locals before the racing series were created.
    That $300 back then was worth more than $5 to $10 thousand now a days . when you compare the costs of cars, parts, haulers, etc. Back then drivers actually made money after expenses, now they would go bankrupt pretty fast if it wasn't for rich car owners and big sponsors.

Before anyone starts belittling drivers who won a lot of races locally in the 60's or 70's, you might want to do some research to see who they were racing against every week. Guys didn't travel nearly as much back then, for various reasons, so many of them were running against a handful of future Hall of Famers every time they pulled through the gates "locally". My local tracks growing up were NKY/Florence, Richmond, Clay City, Ponderosa, Frankfort, etc. They might be running for "only" $500 to win, but you can bet every time we went, there was Pat Patrick, Billy Teegarden, Fats Coffey, Butterball Wooldridge, Floyd Gilbert, etc. I could easily name 10 more, and they all have one thing in common -- they are Hall Of Fame inductees. They might not all be at the same track on the same night, but wherever you went in central of northern Kentucky, you would usually have to beat some of these guys to take home the win. It probably wasn't much different in some other states. If you won 1000 races, or 800 races, or whatever, you'd have to be pretty slick to dodge all the other top local guys every night.

QUOTE:Look at you, poking the hornets nest, snowflake storm, whatever you wanna call it. Talk about whoever they like and it’s all good, much praise indeed, but oh no, don’t talk about that devil in the zero car.

Yep, post a FACT from our main news supplier, DoD, and the haters come out like .....the folks in the hood at the FREE food line!

btw.....didn't see that fruit picker guy on the list....hmmmmm!