Default WARNING!!!! Everyone check your fire bottles! Safety issue found...

Everyone needs to check their fire bottles and see if they're still charged! I tell you this because I have noticed a serious problem. I purchased a 10 lb. automatic/manual discharge fire bottle in March of 2018. I ran the system all last year without needing it. After the racing season, we removed the body and took the car apart. Upon removal of the bottle, we found the tank had lost all pressure. The fire retardant was still in the bottle, but it had lost all propellent. Since it was less than 1 year old, it was shipped back and fixed under warranty. I received the bottle back on January 30, 2019. It has sat in the same box it was returned in since then. I picked the box up to reinstall it today, March 6th and the bottle is empty again! I have since learned through my parts supplier and some of my racing friends that 10 bottles have been returned to Motor State for being empty since the beginning of 2019. That includes a brand new bottle that one of my part supplier bought yesterday. The bottles are losing all pressure just sitting on the shelf. Everyone needs to check their systems! There is clearly a quality issue going on here. I have emailed and called fire bottle with no response so far.

As we all know, this is a safety hazard and could eventually get someone killed if this isn't rectified.

which company fire system???? pm me if needed

The sanction bodies made me install the bottle. Won't they check the charge?

Quote Originally Posted by grt74 View Post
    which company fire system???? pm me if needed
    fire bottle is the brand out of florida and I ran 1 all last year and not once did they even look at the bottle or the system.
    Last edited by rimrider19k; 03-06-2019 at 10:50 PM.