Thread: Farley 2019?

Default Farley 2019?

Does anybody know what is going on with Farley this year? There seems to be no info whatsoever. I'm curious because I have the Lucas Oil race penciled in since I'm planning on going to Burlington the night before.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Farley is most likely done, look for the Lucas date to move elsewhere. Shame to invest all that money to rebuild the track, then throw it away running events poorly.

I'm pretty sure that the WOO Late Models & Sprints both had Farley on their schedule and then about a month ago they both removed Farley. (Sorry if I'm wrong about this)

I feel the weather is what really killed them. Every single big event was rained out last year.

Corn fields or a sub division would be much better use of that property.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    Does anybody know what is going on with Farley this year? There seems to be no info whatsoever. I'm curious because I have the Lucas Oil race penciled in since I'm planning on going to Burlington the night before.
    Yeah iam planning on going to all 3 races that weekend hopefully they race at Farley if not hopefully they can get a show somewhere else that’s close

time marches...

i grew up in SW Iowa and always kind of felt there was an east/west rivalry in the state. and it was (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) hard to match the talent at West Liberty, Farley, Dubuque, etc.

have to say it is painful to watch what Eastern Iowa racing has become.

on a weekly basis, one could argue western iowa is no better. but i would counter with the support classes seem to keep tracks open back home.

eastern iowa deserves better.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Farleys a nice joint... went to a hot rod event there 10 years ago we cruised our cars around the track Saturday afternoon... not sure if those owners run their trucking biz like their tracks.

Update... I see Simmons sold the place in '17 to a racer from the area. Hatecto say it but most drivers make poor promoters. God knows I made my share of mistakes.

A shame if no one steps forward to save it this year.
    Last edited by Krooser; 03-11-2019 at 09:44 PM.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

This is a sad turn of events, for sure. We made several trips over to Farley back when they were host to Summernational events on the 7/16's track. The Yankee 100 was a staple event for a long time at Farley. Very nice facility that deserves a better fate than what seems to be playing out. As long as the track and stands are still standing there is hope that someone can take over and breath new life back into the place. It's happened before at places like Putnamville and Gas City, Indiana so we know it can happen.

Still have hope that one or all of them could stage a rebound. Am a West Liberty fan. There was a time some 25-30 years back that it was considered as good and as competitive for weekly late model racing as anywhere in the country. The names that ran there regularly is legendary. Never saw Dubuque. Farley seemed to be hit or miss over the years for me, maybe my timing was bad.
    I hate time trials.

Farley has been bought out and will operate under the new name of "300 Raceway"

https://www.facebook.com/300raceway/

There is still hope for Farley!