Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: J-Bar Theory

Generally speaking the height will be felt more by the driver on a long PH bar.

Quote Originally Posted by rjs21 View Post
    My car has a slider on the frame side so it is adjustable in small increments. The housing side has 4 holes on it 1" apart, not a small increment adjustment.

My question is; what is more important if I was to adjust the frame side? The height, which would affect roll center? Or the angle?

Suppose I wanted to snug up entry with a 1/2" panhard adjustment. Would I raise it on the frame to get more angle but a higher roll center? Or lower it with less angle but a lower roll center?

Which aspect of the adjustment is more critical?

I was wanting to avoid the housing side adjustment because it seems to be a big change.
    Just to be clear, how is the panhard mounted? Left side frame and right side axle/rear end or left side axle/rear end and right side frame? That will make a huge difference on adjustments!

Panhard mounted on left frame rail to axle housing about 4" right of the pinion.

wasn't it moyer that tried the jbar on the right side won a lot of races then quit using it? why is this setup used more often looks like this would work on certain tracks?

Quote Originally Posted by hipower17 View Post
    wasn't it moyer that tried the jbar on the right side won a lot of races then quit using it? why is this setup used more often looks like this would work on certain tracks?
    I have first hand experience making a Rayburn bad fast with the panhard on the right. The front and rear need to roll/work together. It can certainly be made to work.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I have first hand experience making a Rayburn bad fast with the panhard on the right. The front and rear need to roll/work together. It can certainly be made to work.
    Hasn't Mr. Bolles from Circle Track been advocating this for years, as well as Mr. Bush, too!