Default Silver Dollar Nationals @ I80

My wife and I are contemplating the 10+ hour drive from IN to NE in July.
    I know that any road trip is a crap shoot but......
    I’ve seen video from I-80 but video doesn’t do justice.
    Any advice from those familiar with this facility?

Most likely gonna be HOT! Not much for shade on the grounds, grandstand is very high in the air so not a bad seat anywhere, very good event. Jackson Mn. is the night before and is also a nice facility much like a small Knoxville.

Great event and track. We stayed in Lincoln and tour the Cornhusker stadium and did the Speedwat Motors Museum. It is amazing! You would not think something that great would be a nice kept secret.

We make the trip from Arizona every year for this event - have never been disappointed yet. Great racing, great people, HOT weather (typically). Last year was beautiful weather, but the 3 years prior were scalding!!!! Still a great time and the nights cool off about race time! Great seats and lots to do w/ Omaha and Lincoln both within a reasonable distance. Last year we extended our trip to WI for a week to visit family and this year we will be extending again to visit some friends in northern MN. We like to hit Aberdeen and Jackson before I-80. It's a great summer trip and you won't regret it.

Went to this event for the 1st time last summer (got lucky with the weather temps). We got reserved seats in the closest reserved section to T4 about 20 rows up and could see everything.

-The reserved seats, they are stadium style but kind of at a weird angle that the backrests are tipped too far back. The general admission stands on both ends are bench style but looked cramped.

-Be prepared for red flag beer specials. Every race we went to after that weekend we laughed about that during red flags at our home tracks.

-Sunscreen and a hat was necessary last year, can't imagine what its like in the normal heat of that weekend.

You will not be disappointed. Some how the Kosiski's can get a consistent track all weekend, usually dealing with scoring temps, and they race on every inch of the track.

I made the 8hr trip last year for the first time. Really enjoyed it! Lucked out with the weather we stayed at a campground. People were very friendly. Great racing and plenty to do during the day. I'm a Pierce fan! He struggled until the finale night and he put on a show. Came from the back to 1st but broke with about 10 laps left.

My wife's family lives in Lincoln and I took here there for her 60th Birthday. It just so happened a found out they had a Lucas race right up the street in Greenwood, that was in 2014. Been going there ever since, seen some of the best racing there. The thursday race they last year was the best I have ever seen, Bloomquist and Davenport side by side for the lead for at least the last 16 laps!!!!

I used to make a 8 hour roadtrip to I-80 (Friday) and Adams County Speedway in Iowa (Saturday). They called it the Alphabet Soup race. It was co-sanctioned by MLRA, Corn Belt Clash and maybe some other sanctions. I-80 is a very wide track with good racing.

Absolutely worth the trip. I've made the drive to Eldora from Western Iowa many times, so the drive is..well...exactly what you would expect, but I-80 is a beautiful facility. Right off the interstate (exit 420), easy to get to, great food, great racing. The only two possible down sides, as many have mentioned, it can get unbearably hot in July in Nebraska, and there is no shade out there at all. Other possible down side, hotels and can a bit tricky. Lincoln is only 20ish miles away, but those fill up fast. Omaha is notorious for not having many hotels. But with that said, ABSOLUTELY make the trip!

Awesome place totally worth the trip and like most other people have posted it’s usually hotter then heck