Default Dry Sump Pump / Leave on car when not being used

Is there a way I can leave my dry sump pump stack on the car without it being actually used ? I'm going to drop a cheapo LS motor in the car to run some races and I don't want to pull the rear-driven dry sump pump / power steering / fuel pump stack off because I'm going to use the PS and fuel pumps, but I can't run the dry sump pump on this LS setup. Obviously I'm asking if there's a way to configure it so it won't burn up without oil circulating.

Any ideas ?

Thanks !

You will have to circulate oil. I feel like someone on here did the same and looped it or had a small tank to hold/circulate oil. And even then you are putting wear on the pump. At the price of dry sump pumps is it really worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
    You will have to circulate oil. I feel like someone on here did the same and looped it or had a small tank to hold/circulate oil. And even then you are putting wear on the pump. At the price of dry sump pumps is it really worth it?
    not really concerned about wear on the pump.

i guess i could just put a loop line on each of the 4 stages, put some oil in each line and call it a day.

thanks for your thoughts !

In an article in this months speedway illustrated it was mentioned about a guy refusing a pump on a different motor that didn't require the last stage of the pump. And he routed it improperly and cause a giant oil fire. The manufacturer of the pump said the correct way would have been to just remove the gears from the unused stages. I dont see why this wouldn't work in your situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher88 View Post
    In an article in this months speedway illustrated it was mentioned about a guy refusing a pump on a different motor that didn't require the last stage of the pump. And he routed it improperly and cause a giant oil fire. The manufacturer of the pump said the correct way would have been to just remove the gears from the unused stages. I dont see why this wouldn't work in your situation.
    awesome .. thanks for your input. i'll check on that too, great idea.

buy the shaft and the plate to take the oil pump off , not very expensive or hard to do....JMO...

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    buy the shaft and the plate to take the oil pump off , not very expensive or hard to do....JMO...
    Agreed could probably convert the whole setup for less than 200$

called KSE, they quoted me $250 for the kit to convert / remove the oil pump

ck with stock car products , might be cheaper or at least they use to be.......

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    ck with stock car products , might be cheaper or at least they use to be.......
    found their web site .. i guess "ck" is somebody I should ask for when I call ?
    Last edited by RacerX10; 04-07-2019 at 06:02 PM.

Ck means check, and sweet also has a bracket and everything needed that is if you have a sweet pump

why not just take the belt off

Quote Originally Posted by bob1019 View Post
    why not just take the belt off
    Fuel and power steering won't turn anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by RaceEngineer View Post
    Fuel and power steering won't turn anymore.

"Hey crew chief, this thing won't turn for crap and the fuel pressure is bad"