Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Wow.........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Looks to me like Pierce wanted the race more than Jameson did and when he went to take the lead with the slide job, Jameson did not intend to back out of it, hoping to send Bobby spinning, perhaps? Instead, Jameson got the short end of the deal and couldn't keep it out of the wall. Pierce's slide job wasn't strong enough to sustain him and he drifted upward into Jameson's lane but seriously, I think Jason Jameson should have either cut down and tried to get him on the inside or spun him (Pierce) out. I remember Scott Bloomquist once said in an interview following a race that "If you're going to do throw a slide job, you better have enough power to clear me because I am not breaking for you". It looks like that's the school of thought Jason Jameson comes from, as well but unfortunately for Jason Jameson, he ended up putting himself into the wall. It didn't look like Pierce intentionally knocked Jameson out. However, Bobby needs not to be floating upward into someone's lane following his slider.

Hard to say when you're not the one out there, but I think if Jameson would have let up a little,he could have cut back under him. I feel he was just as fast or faster than Pierce. Not a good slider by Pierce. I think he knew he had to do something to get by him. JMO

I think he was trying to stay down but underestimated how slick the bottom was.

Bad decisions made by both, lead to the wall for one.

thank you for the excellent video
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Default Jameson/Bobby

After Jason put Casebolt in the wall, guess that was karma. He entered right against Casebolt, got loose, and stuffed him.

You could see the writing on the wall on that one. Two guys hammering the cushion, screwing up on different laps, and have no give and take.

And I know this will come off as hating Bobby, but his sliders, they aren’t your typical slider. If I was Jason(not a fan), I’d have thought he wasn’t coming all the way up. He comes up as you’re in 4, makes it hard to change your line. Hit the brakes, you hit the wall. If he was carrying tons of speed, and it was obvious he’s going for it, yeah you brake, and cut under in the middle of the turn. But the ones that cause trouble, they are always after that point, and not carrying any speed.

I’m sure Jason thought a guy of Bobby’s caliber would wait another lap and do it right since he was so much faster. But he didn’t. At the same time, whose to say the next lap Jason doesn’t really screw up and take them both out. But I’d put that more on Bobby only because of the speed he was carrying and where he came up. Them late sliders are going to start biting him.

And what happened to Florence? Top dominant, and only passing with mostly sliders.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I’m sure it’s not always the case, but seems Florence has become mostly top dominant since they reworked the bottoms of the turns. Maybe it’s just the races I have seen.

Open wheel guys (midget and sprint) throw sliders all night long without drama. Can't figure out why late model guys seem to struggle with it.
    And yes, Bobby's slider was not one of the best but considering what Jason did to Casebolt, He's got no room to complain. Jameson basically just stuffed Casebolt into the wall.
    8/13/16

Default HH

And how is the Casebolt / Jameson incident a justification for the Pierce / Jameson dust up? Would seem they stand on their own unless Bobby is carrying Steve’s water for him. Let me say I enjoy watching Pierce race but it would seem the 32 has tended to be involved with more questionable sliders than most other drivers on the national level. Course Terbo is fairly new to the scene. 🙂
    I hate time trials.

Default Kazual

Well now you went and done it and will be labeled a hater.

Good post though and is what many non " effing tshirt" owners say quite a bit every year.

Cool

karma is a bitch... On to the next race... It sure is fun to watch and puts fans in the stands.
    Last edited by WildBill32; 03-24-2019 at 11:12 AM.

It appears it's only karma when SOME drivers do ignorant ill advised crap and then get it back.......but to your point, yup karma is a beyotch.

Who collected the check and is on there way to the bank. I don't blame Jameson if he is pissed at Bobby he should be. That was a terrible slider. Jameson should have stayed in gas and stuffed him into the wall.

Next weekend at the Thaw Bawl... I guess the gloves will be off... Lol...

Kazual, not defending Pierce. Just sayin, Jameson can't say a whole lot after stuffing Casebolt. Kind of what comes around, goes around.

When the race started, and I seen Bronson, Jameson, and Pierce all up front, ya kind of just knew their was gonna be some drama. Kyle let me down
    8/13/16

That whole what comes around goes around stuff rings a little hollow sometimes.....especially when someone you like is on " the goes around" end of it.

Guess we will see as the year wears on if the ho hum comes around goes around feelings are consistently the same when the shoe is on the other foot........track made for crazy racing but I'll bet everyone is pretty sore this morning bouncing around through there like they were last night.

Bobby said on the Dod Interview after the race. That he likes a track like that & he hopes they never change it. Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    That whole what comes around goes around stuff rings a little hollow sometimes.....especially when someone you like is on " the goes around" end of it.

Guess we will see as the year wears on if the ho hum comes around goes around feelings are consistently the same when the shoe is on the other foot........track made for crazy racing but I'll bet everyone is pretty sore this morning bouncing around through there like they were last night.
    Well, I've said in multiple posts the Pierce move was not a good one. I was making my reference at Jameson. You can twist it anyway you want. Probably should get ya a can of Spaghetio's. Yer not yourself when yer hungry.
    8/13/16