Default MavTV at Cherokee #%€£¥*@{

Dang, their production of today's events was quite tedious from my perspective, and seemed to slow the show down. A 40 minute delay before qualifying was attributed to "track prep" but all that went on during that time was 4 vehicles circling the track. I think the delay was related to the video production.

Also, having only one wrecker made for some extra long caution periods.

1. Davenport
    2. Bailes
    3. Owens

Water trucked wrecked

Front tire blew on water truck, which caused truck to hit the wall. The driver was knocked unconscious and carried to hospital. Was not speed 51 fault. Really nobody's, just a fluke accident. Luckily driver is ok.

I thought the truck wrecked after it was announced that there would be a 30 minute delay, I might be misremembering.

Hands down the worse race I’ve ever seen there....maybe even the worse I’ve seen period. They could have taken all evening for track prep and tv production mishaps, as long as the racing was good, and I would have been satisfied. If you weren’t there, it was a train race of the likes you’ve never seen. The first heat race, Benji Hicks on outside pole tried to go two wide in turn one (2 wide now, and he was in the middle groove) slid all the way up the track into the wall, over the wall and ended up on his lid. Absolutely zero grip on the track.

Quote Originally Posted by johnE View Post
    Dang, their production of today's events was quite tedious from my perspective, and seemed to slow the show down. A 40 minute delay before qualifying was attributed to "track prep" but all that went on during that time was 4 vehicles circling the track. I think the delay was related to the video production.

Also, having only one wrecker made for some extra long caution periods.

1. Davenport
    2. Bailes
    3. Owens
    Why would a tv production that didn’t happen have anything to do with the delay?

Went to watch the feature on dod and heard who was announcing it and turned it right off. That dude is the worst
    Last edited by Dlmfan123; 03-25-2019 at 12:04 AM.

Who was the announcer?

Sadly, there was no mute button available at the track.

The prolonged post race interviews and such were excruciating. I love Cherokee Speedway and believe the current operators to be top notch.

What was the X is mmsa DQed for? He did jump the start twice but I don't think that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    Who was the announcer?
    Westley Outland

After they crashed the water truck they ran pack cars for literally 30 minutes, then decided they needed race cars on the surface. The announcer then tells the fans this will be a great time to utilize their...flash photography...at 2:30 in the afternoon lmfao. As far as the track, if the MavTV coverage had anything to do with the track conditions, please don't ever do another one. The track went away during the 2nd group of super hot laps and wasnt worth a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) at any point after that. Hated to see all the torn up cars from fighting over 1 lane

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Westley Outland
    "The fans are coming unrivaled". Think he meant to say unraveled. Yea not the best

I had a feeling you were talking about Wesley.. he is worst than awful. To the average fan he sounds exciting but just says stuff really loud and fast to sound cool. I remember one night he said Chris Ferguson was from Mt Olive, North Carolina. I expected him to say next he was driving the Pickles Plus Ford. Honestly I'd rather have silence than hear this guy flap his gums.

SO did MavTV tape this race or not. Or did they play it smart and load and leave???

The 40 minute track prep delay was 4 or 5 pack cars rolling the top of the track which the (race cars) never saw or reached during the race. They ran the bottom. The track was one groove. I don't have a problem with a 1 groove race track, I know some people do. My problem is to waste all that time rolling the top of the track and nobody ever raced up there. A total waste of time. Time Management in dirt car racing is the main reason it is behind Nascar and asphalt racing period. Until they can tell you when the race will start and be correct dirt racing will never contend with Nascar.

Have to agree on the announcer but he was A LOT BETTER than that guy at
    oglethorpe !!!!!!!!! He sounds like he's calling a wrestling match and
    thinks it's cool ......

NOT

I used to go to county line a bunch and Wesley was out of control loud, screaming to the crazies ....wasn't a huge fan but from where I'm sitting I don't go to the races to hear the announcer that much.

But, went to the Fayetteville NC modified nationals a couple weeks back , our guys weren't racing so I had a chance to hear what the folks in the stands hear and I thought he did really well and has gotten much better than I remember.......not sure if any of you guys have ever had any time behind a microphone or in front of a camera but it isn't exactly easy and the announcers that make it sound that way are tops in the field.

I give Wesley credit for getting better and also for trying to improve his craft.....his job isn't easy and it involves a lot more than just sitting around all week and then just walking up the the press box at race time and start talking........but what do I know, I personally like Dewayne from the southern all stars too and think he is a pretty cool guy and is genuinely as excited about the race as he sounds.

Again, I don't normally sit where I can hear the announcing that much anyway but I would much rather listen to folks that are truly as excited about racing as I am than some stick in the mud.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Wesley can get a little excited sometimes, but I don't see anything wrong with that. He is obviously passionate about what he does.

I find Wesley kind of comical and usually watch him every chance I get... I mean come on, who can forget the coat rack incident at PRI, he laughed at himself, owned it and moved on...

It cracks me up when keyboard commandos get on here and bash people, when most of you have never done anything but actually ride the bleachers. Not knocking fans, but some of you act like you are 12 years old....
    Last edited by Cooter Davenport; 03-26-2019 at 06:08 AM.

Who was announcing at Duck River? Besides Eshelman

Smoky Mountain wasn’t too bad, their announcer.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.