Thread: hawkins ride?

Default hawkins ride?

went to duck river friday and saw hawkins was in what looked like to be one of the sweet bloomquist cars scott ran in florida(had volunteer spirits on the spoiler is the only reason i guess that) whos he driving for now? i always like watching him run

It's owned by Eric Hudkins I believe. The same guy that Paul Wilmoth and Jared Hawkins drove for, Mike Benedum also drove for him before he got back into his own stuff. It's definetly a S/B car.

That is correct Zyoung, owned by Hudkins. Cars are Sweet/bloomquist, when Jared drove for him they were the old Bloomer cars. This should be a really good combo, for Jake to start on the front row of a heat and then get shuffled back to 4th and make it back up too second is pretty impressive for his first time in a late model in a couple years and the first time ever at that track I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by 00Hdmn View Post
    That is correct Zyoung, owned by Hudkins. Cars are Sweet/bloomquist, when Jared drove for him they were the old Bloomer cars. This should be a really good combo, for Jake to start on the front row of a heat and then get shuffled back to 4th and make it back up too second is pretty impressive for his first time in a late model in a couple years and the first time ever at that track I believe.
    Is Hawkins going to be driving the car all season?

I'm just an old man and lose of memory is a fact !! LOL

Correct me if I'm wrong ,but did Hawkins get busted a while back
    for the dope thing ???

Again I can't remember very good so if I'm wrong I am sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    I'm just an old man and lose of memory is a fact !! LOL

Correct me if I'm wrong ,but did Hawkins get busted a while back
    for the dope thing ???

Again I can't remember very good so if I'm wrong I am sorry.
    He failed a test at Eldora 2-3 years ago, followed the protocol established by WRG (WOO/UMP) and was reinstated.

Quote Originally Posted by 00Hdmn View Post
    He’s won a few crate races last year but other then that I don’t think he’s been in any supers recently. Both of the Hawkins boys can wheel

Quote Originally Posted by WVRACEFAN View Post
    Is Hawkins going to be driving the car all season?
    I believe he is.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    He failed a test at Eldora 2-3 years ago, followed the protocol established by WRG (WOO/UMP) and was reinstated.
    That is correct, don’t get me started on that bull crap. I could go on and on about what is wrong with those test. Jake did the right thing in that whole situation and should be cleared. He did what a man should do, own up and move on.

I’m pretty sure he ran a super show or two last year sprinkled in with the crate stuff he ran.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Excited to see Jake run at Eldora in this car, one of the best I’ve seen at the Big E

Only races he ran last year were in Junior Nolan’s car and it was steel block and crate stuff, last super races he ran were in the Duane Chamerblain/Saint Henry Night Club cars when Duane was having all of his neck issues.

Did him and Junior split? That mod was almost unbeatable in this area with him driving.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Did him and Junior split? That mod was almost unbeatable in this area with him driving.
    Guess we'll find out soon, Let it Ride 55 is April 6 at Tyler County.