Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Southern Allstars Series announcer?

Just watched most of the video from Cherokee this past Sunday, did the SAS switch from the worlds most annoying announcer, Dwayne Keith to the worlds 2nd most annoying announcer, Wesley Outland? Call me old school, but these guys could take lessons from Ozzie Altman, Roby Helm, Michael Despain and even James Essex.

Quote Originally Posted by RayCook53fan View Post
    Just watched most of the video from Cherokee this past Sunday, did the SAS switch from the worlds most annoying announcer, Dwayne Keith to the worlds 2nd most annoying announcer, Wesley Outland? Call me old school, but these guys could take lessons from Ozzie Altman, Roby Helm, Michael Despain and even James Essex.
    Wesley Outland is possibly the worst announce in the history of auto racing

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!! They are so awful.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

I'm pretty sure Duane Keith is still doing SAS.

Who is the guy that does most of the Ray Cook series stuff? I think that guy does a pretty good job.

The guy that does the SN races is the best in the biz right IMO, I can't think of his name right now though.

Outland messes drivers names up constanly, and most of the time doesn't even make sense with some of his quotes. I'm sure it's not an easy job, but I think I'm his case slowing down would be big help.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    The guy that does the SN races is the best in the biz right IMO, I can't think of his name right now though.

Outland messes drivers names up constanly, and most of the time doesn't even make sense with some of his quotes. I'm sure it's not an easy job, but I think I'm his case slowing down would be big help.
    You thinking of Rueben Morales?spelling? I think he’s good for being so young.

Whichever has that loud scratchy voice with them sayings, yeah, I’ll pass.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

LMAO!! Yeah Duane Keith is VERY annoying!!

Duane Keith is the worst I have ever heard they would be better off without an announcer I've heard local announced that were a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Duane Keith is still doing SAS.

Who is the guy that does most of the Ray Cook series stuff? I think that guy does a pretty good job.
    That is Michael Despain I mentioned in the post. He is great, and a nice guy to boot. I worked with him when I was a track announcer.

CnB, yea that is him. I was thinking his name was Roman for some reason.

Why does any announcer get so excited, lose their minds and sound like they’re having an orgasm during time trials or driver intros is beyond me.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

I heard that Duane say some things at a race I was at last year if it was my track he would either go or sas would go it was way out off line.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    I heard that Duane say some things at a race I was at last year if it was my track he would either go or sas would go it was way out off line.
    Little more info 3 wide I'm wondering if it's the same thing I'm thinking about

I promise not to yell Friday night, I'm not a yeller. I vow to not scream, I am not a screamer,LOL.

For my portion of the show I will do my best not to annoy, have heard the greats and the horrible, will try hard to do you fine folks right. Let's go racing!!

Late Model Mark
    TST Racecaller

Quote Originally Posted by Late_Model_Mark View Post
    I promise not to yell Friday night, I'm not a yeller. I vow to not scream, I am not a screamer,LOL.

For my portion of the show I will do my best not to annoy, have heard the greats and the horrible, will try hard to do you fine folks right. Let's go racing!!

Late Model Mark
    TST Racecaller
    You are one class act Mark.....have never met you, have never even heard you announce but everyone I know that has says nothing but great things about you as an announcer and a person.
    Your informative posts about the goings on at TST are always even keeled and well written.

Hope I have the pleasure of getting over to talladega sometime to see and hear for myself.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

you do a fine job LMM, there is always gone be a hater , but if they dont like you , they are free to go elsewhere and should........

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    You are one class act Mark.....have never met you, have never even heard you announce but everyone I know that has says nothing but great things about you as an announcer and a person.
    Your informative posts about the goings on at TST are always even keeled and well written.

Hope I have the pleasure of getting over to talladega sometime to see and hear for myself.
    I can promise you Barbecueboy you can travel the world over and won't meet a nicer person than Mark. I've known him for years and he's a genuine good guy the world needs more people like him.

Ole Dewayne is entertaining to me, I like his sayings!

The only negative for me is.....I generally have my tv volume on 14, but he goes to 114 too fast. If he could tone that down a little, I wouldn't have any complaints!

I did not mean to hijack this thread at all, was kinda' tryin' to be humorous. With that typed, I am so humbled and I am very sincere about this with all the very, very kind words. I try hard to do a good job, not be a loud idiot and so on. Trust me on this, I am a fan to the core, I am and always be a race fan in the grandstands, now a days I get to live and fill my bucket list of announcing.

Thank you to all, especially the kind words on this thread. Fastford and One man gang, you will and can be my guest in any future events. Tim, you and Mrs B and Tyler will always be in my heart.

Thank You!

Late Model Mark
    1 Bald Headed-sucker in a orange shirt living his dream!!

Thank you to BBG-Boy too, really appreciate your kindeness, you come to TST it is on me with all the trimmings!

LMM