Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lasalle Sunday

Default Lasalle Sunday

Have any of the drivers left and not returning? Any new entries?

Feel bad for Lasalle, the fans, and drivers, but I called this dumpster fire a month ago.

DLM racing in March/early April in the Upper Midwest = bad proposition. Heavy jackets, boots and gloves meant for hunting deer, not watching a DLM race.

A Fall Brawl in mid to late October would be a better venture imho. May be 35 then too, but better chance of staying dry. Also better chance for 50's and dry in mid to late October than late March. My $0.03...adjusted for inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Feel bad for Lasalle, the fans, and drivers, but I called this dumpster fire a month ago.DLM racing in March/early April in the Upper Midwest = bad proposition. Heavy jackets, boots and gloves meant for hunting deer, not watching a DLM race.A Fall Brawl in mid to late October would be a better venture imho. May be 35 then too, but better chance of staying dry. Also better chance for 50's and dry in mid to late October than late March. My $0.03...adjusted for inflation.
    No one had cabin fever in October and they have been watching races all summer long. It’s a gamble in spring but in October you would never have a potentially great pay off. Should be a one day show from the start, 50% of 2 day shows at lasalle end up one day or no day shows.

You would think the best car would stay considering the trouble they caused Izzo last couple years

I like LaSalle and has produced some darn good racing; but has much as I hate to say it I think this race was doomed from the beginning of the week with the crappy forecast. This time of year in the Midwest and Greatlakes region if always iffy with weather. Hopefully they get the race in Sunday. That's the chances you take being a promoter and having races this early in the season.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

If they cancel Sunday I believe this would be the end of lasalle. Even if he loses money on the deal I think it would be worse to cancel for his sake imo

I'm unfortunately going to have to sit this one out with a failed water pump (I hope that's all it is). Have fun everybody! Hopefully I'll get to shake off the cabin fever at Farmer City next week.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Where did you see Tyler Erb was not going to be there? They showed a picture of them hanging out in town and hauler is still at the track?

Tyler Erb will be there.

- Ben

They had a picture of turbo bowling at the center in Peru. I am just excited to get To go to one of the three races I can go to this year. Having the day race reminds me of the days of the 200 at good old Santa Fe. If your going tomorrow have safe travels. Looking forward to hearing the sounds and smelling the racing fuel tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by racecar1127 View Post
    They had a picture of turbo bowling at the center in Peru. I am just excited to get To go to one of the three races I can go to this year. Having the day race reminds me of the days of the 200 at good old Santa Fe. If your going tomorrow have safe travels. Looking forward to hearing the sounds and smelling the racing fuel tomorrow.
    Kevin Roderick 200 for me. Amen to racing sounds and smells! No offense dod you can’t capture that... yet anyway lol

what are the chances they start at 3??

Quote Originally Posted by TackyTracker View Post
    what are the chances they start at 3??
    0-3% I just hope they race period. Anyone know a red 74 modified with open trailer coming from north west? Saw him drive by me today before cancellation

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    You would think the best car would stay considering the trouble they caused Izzo last couple years
    Izzo brought that on himself.

Have to agree with the cabin fever theory. People are bored and tired of Winter. If this hit a lucky warm day, could be about a sellout crowd. Luck hasn't been on their side though. I have been baffled in the past. Late August/early September. 70 degrees at 10 pm and dead track. Excuses are High School Football, family activities etc. IMO, if they had half decent weather for March, they'd get more people than they'd get for this event late summer on a perfect night. Hope the risk continues to be worth it for Tony.

....Icebreaker...thawl brawl...the names say it all....as fans we know what to expect...I remember my first icebreaker...couldnt wait to freeze to see some late models...back then they didn't race year round like they do now...button up princeses... let's go racin...

Weather this time of year is very risky. Real hit or miss. If it would have had last Wednesday or this coming Wednesday weather it would have been great. Having the first race in the area has its benefits with everyone having cabin fever and wanting to get to a track. I thought I was done with the Carhardts for this year but digging them back out for one more time.

Anyone there that can give some updates on car counts and how things are looking?

not supposed to rain anymore and looks like 37 degrees until 9pm down to 32 but race should be done by 9

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    If they cancel Sunday I believe this would be the end of lasalle. Even if he loses money on the deal I think it would be worse to cancel for his sake imo
    There is no way he loses money today...DirtonDirt Pay Per View Revenue will bring in way more than any ticket sales at any track!