Default Questions About Sprint Car Racing

I am from the south and we don't get to see a whole lot of sprint car racing down here. Next Saturday night Cherokee Speedway is hosting the USCS Sprint Cars and I was wondering if they are a 305 or 410 class and the difference between these and the WOO sprints that we get to see every so often at Charlotte

Quote Originally Posted by racincowboy02 View Post
    I am from the south and we don't get to see a whole lot of sprint car racing down here. Next Saturday night Cherokee Speedway is hosting the USCS Sprint Cars and I was wondering if they are a 305 or 410 class and the difference between these and the WOO sprints that we get to see every so often at Charlotte
    Cowboy, the USCS sprinters are of the 360 variety. The biggest difference between the USCS cars and the WoO's is the engines. The WoO's are full house all aluminum 950 HP monsters. The 360's that USCS use are about 200+ less HP. IIRC they primarily run aluminum spec heads on iron blocks. The blocks can be of Ford, Mopar and Chevy origin. I really don't know how much the block assemblies can be massaged, if at all.

I've seen them as a support class on several different occasions while we've been in Florida. They run a really big schedule which appears to include both dirt and asphalt. The times we've seen them race they have done a nice job and put on a dam good show, although, I must admit to being a less than avid fan of the winged cars, but that don't make them bad.

Thanks for the info. My youngest son who is 10 was asking me questions that i didn't really know the answers to. He loves dirt racing and loves going so we will be in the stands Saturday night

Thanks for the info. My youngest son who is 10 was asking me questions that i didn't really know the answers to. He loves dirt racing and loves going so we will be in the stands Saturday night
    Good for you, cowboy!! You and your son have a great time. It's great that you boy is into dirt racing. It's been said a million time and is a well worn cliche' but it's the young kids that are the future of the sport. I think you'll like the USCS guys.

THey were bad fast and it was a pretty decent race the only thing that i was suprised by is the way they can sling those things around its like they hardly ever hit the brakes going into the corners. Yea both of my boys love to go watch races and it would be ashame that they didn't considering we only live about 10 minutes from Cherokee. My 14 year old wants to race and now my 10 year old is starting to talk about racing too

THey were bad fast and it was a pretty decent race the only thing that i was suprised by is the way they can sling those things around its like they hardly ever hit the brakes going into the corners. Yea both of my boys love to go watch races and it would be ashame that they didn't considering we only live about 10 minutes from Cherokee. My 14 year old wants to race and now my 10 year old is starting to talk about racing too
    Glad you and your boys had a fun time!!

As I said earlier, I'm not all that much into the winged cars but, like you, I marvel at how they can get them turned and through the corners with such speed and agility while barely lifting, even on the smaller tracks.

I would suggest taking the guys to see a wingless 410 sprint car show such as a USAC National Sprint Car show. I promise you it will be exciting and seeing both types of cars, winged and wingless, will put into perspective the total difference in how the cars have to be set up and driven. As I've twice admitted, I'm biased, but I honestly think you and your son's will like the non wing racing at least as much the winged cars.

I would also urge you, if possible, to take in a USAC National Midget or POWRi National Midget event. Those guys are fearless and do things with those cars that will amaze you.

If either or both of your son's decide to go racing keep us abreast of how their doing and how things are progressing.

I will Definitely be looking to see if i can't find one of those races close to my area to take them too and i definitely will keep you abreast of how they do if we decide or better yet convince the wife to let them race lol

I will Definitely be looking to see if i can't find one of those races close to my area to take them too and i definitely will keep you abreast of how they do if we decide or better yet convince the wife to let them race lol
    LOL! I was wondering if Mom might exercise her veto power! If she gives her blessing and you do go racing I wish you all the luck and success in the world!

Thumbs up

I recommend the non-wing too, but like you I'm in the south also(Georgia). USAC only comes south once a year and that's in February in Florida. There is a new this year non-wing series thats schedule to run in Florida, Georgia and the Carolina's, but the schedule is still being worked out. Here is a link to their website. They also do D2 Midgets, which are cool.

http://www.ssmidgets.com/home2.html

I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

Oh wow that looks like fun and i sure wish they would come to Cherokee that would be awesome to watch them run there Sumter is about 2 and a half hours from us so i may try and make it to Sumter to catch this