Default Tyler Erb Claims Richest Career Win in Thaw Brawl

For Immediate Release
    April 1, 2019

Tyler Erb Claims Richest Career Win in Thaw Brawl
    $15,000 Victory Pushes 2019-Win Tally to Six for Texan

St. Marys, Ohio (04/01/19) – Tyler Erb claimed his richest, career payday on a cool Sunday afternoon at La Salle Speedway (La Salle, Illinois). The Texas native streaked to a $15,000 triumph in the eighth annual Hoker Trucking Thaw Brawl in his Best Performance Motorsports No. 1 New Point Lighting and Design/ XR1 Rocket Chassis/ Durham Racing Engine Super Late Model.

“I was riding back in eighth or so for the first 40 or so laps, and just kept telling myself to be patient until we caught lapped traffic,” Erb said. “You had to go with your gut and run the top, even though it wasn’t really the desired line. I knew I had to hit it just right.

“I want to thank Eric Brock and Jeff Bab(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) and all my sponsors for giving me this opportunity. I couldn’t be more excited about how this year has started. We’ve got a long year still, but everything’s going real well right now.”

After seeing Saturday’s program washed away by rain, thirty-one Super Late Models took to Tony Izzo Jr.’s La Salle Speedway on a very cool Sunday afternoon for the American Ethanol Late Model Tour (AELMT) event. Via preliminary action, Tyler earned the 11th-starting spot for the 75-lap, $15,000-to-win finale.

For the first half of the race Erb bided his time as he ran just inside the Top 10. However, as the race entered its latter stages he began to pick up the pace as the front runners negotiated lapped traffic. Erb used the high side to go to the lead on lap 64 but surrendered the top spot two circuits later.

Despite losing the lead, Tyler would not be denied. On lap 72 he shot to the cushion in turns one and two and propelled himself to the lead. Erb went on to leading the closing laps to claim the $15,000 prize, which marked the richest of his career. Pierce, Chris Simpson, Dennis Erb Jr. and Ricky Weiss completed the Top-5 finishers.

The victory was the sixth overall on the year for Tyler Erb.

For full results from the event, please visit www.LaSalleSpeedway.com .

Tyler now turns his attention back to the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS). He’ll return to action with the team this weekend – April 5-6 – in Tennessee and Georgia with a pair of $12,000-To-Win events. On Friday night action opens at 411 Motor Speedway (Seymour, Tennessee) before shifting to North Georgia Speedway (Chatsworth, Georgia) on Saturday evening.

Tyler is currently second in the latest LOLMDS standings, just 55 markers out of the lead. For more information on the events, please visit www.LucasDirt.com .

Best Performance Motorsports would like to thank all of their marketing partners, which include New Point Lighting & Design, Inc., Roberts Bee Company, Bulk Material Lift, Franklin Enterprises, Boxo USA, Bazell Race Fuels, Sunoco, Keyser Manufacturing, Integra Shocks, Hoosier Tire, Valvoline, Corey Frazer State Farm, Industrial Hydro Excavating, Beyea Headers, Day Motorsports, Champion Brands, Doyle Edwards Trucking, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Wiles Drive Shafts, Simpson Race Products, Weld Racing, Performance Rod & Custom, Peterson Fluid Systems, Barnes Systems Inc., Powers Performance, Butlerbuilt, Impact Race Gear, Heath Lawson Photography, Swift Springs, Walker Performance Filtration, ASI Racewear, Fragola Performance Systems, Dirt Defender, Outerwears, Strange Engineering, Performance Race Engineering, Five Star Race Car Bodies Rocket Chassis, R&R Design and MSR Mafia Marketing & PR Services.

For the latest information on Best Performance Motorsports please visit the team website at www.BestPerformanceMotorsports.com and www.TylerErb.com as well as their social media channels at www.facebook.com/bestperformancemotorsports/, www.twitter.com/BPMotorsports1 and www.instagram.com/bestperformancemotorsports .
    Last edited by Ben Shelton; 04-01-2019 at 12:13 PM.