Default Ultimate Deep South at ECM

Who’s going? Drivers and fans? First ever race for this series. I’ve never been to this track. Don’t know what to expect.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Been there 3-4 times. Always smooth and pretty good when I went.

***disclaimer*** the last time I was there was about a decade ago.

Yea wondering that myself is this race is still on!

No word of canceled on their Facebook page.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Late night. Dust. Bumpy road gettin there. In a corn field. Bleachers ain't very tall. Close to home. More than 4 classes, but maybe you'll enjoy it. I'm gonna.

I believe I’m throwing in the towel on this one. With a 3k MSCCS, 5k at Dixie, 10k at Smoky Mtn, I’m guessing 12-17 supers. Probably be a nice win for a local Saturday nighter. But I’ll keep researching who might be coming.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

I been there once 7-8 years ago and at the time there was some hog or chicken barns up the hill from the track and to say the place stunk would be a understatement. The racing was good but the aroma of fresh s#*t while I'm trying to enjoy the races ain't my cup of tea.

Default Please remind me: what is ECM?

Please remind me: what is ECM?

Track management had a brother who was killed. Its Eric Cates Memorial speedway

I believe this is the track where the Hayes driver died in a wreck.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

I knew the cates before they ever built the original arkadelphia speed way , we raced there several times back then and i dont remember no smell from no chicken houses or hogs , may be the wind was blowing the other way , it was a well prepared track then , but have not been in a while so dont know about now , hayes (#8) parked by us when he came to TST and we were suppose to have been at the race he got killed at but something came up and we did not go , i am not able to go to this race , but i would encourage any one that can to go , from what i understand , they are struggling to keep the track going and we dont need another track closing....JMO......

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Thomason View Post
    Track management had a brother who was killed. Its Eric Cates Memorial speedway
    i sold eric and his dad parts for there old ford hog car before they ever built the race track , i hated to hear about eric , the cates are good people........

Fastford there may not have been no barns there when you was there or they may not been in operation but the time I was there they up the hill to the left of the road and cornfield going into the track. I'm sure Chris knows more about when and how long they was there than I do. Nice place and good racing that night just unpleasant being downwind at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by One Man Gang View Post
    Fastford there may not have been no barns there when you was there or they may not been in operation but the time I was there they up the hill to the left of the road and cornfield going into the track. I'm sure Chris knows more about when and how long they was there than I do. Nice place and good racing that night just unpleasant being downwind at the time.
    Go to Google Maps and you will see the chicken houses on the left!

no wander them chicken sandwiches seemed so fresh...lol...they may have been there back then , i just never paid them any attention ....

It could only be a track in Alabama where we have a thread mostly about chicken houses! Hahahaha. Yes, they were there LONG before the race track. Most all that property near the track is Cates owned I believe, and some brothers of the track builder, Wayne Cates, run the chicken houses. As I understand, in the early years of the original operation of River Valley Speedway the house fans were ran purposely on Saturday nights because they didn't appreciate all the noise Mr. Wayne Cates brought to town. It is tough to tolerate sometimes, but I just try to remember that is the smell of money for somebody!

Jokin aside and I'm sure no one took the silly jab at DC serious....The track is really cool and I hope the surrounding area supports it like we should. It's shaped like TST but straights are long. Pretty fast most of the time. Seen some awesome stuff there and some terrible happenings to go with it. The only real complaint there is the often have PAINFULLY slow cautions. If you choose to be an "ultimate" fan this weekend be ready for it. Hopin for the best.

the track was actually modeled after the know closed , childersburg speedway , its somewhat wider and a bit longer than that TST , childersburg is where i actually met the cates back in the late 90,s.........

We were downwind of the chicken houses one night. Wasn’t ideal wasn’t unbearable.

Never left there and thought I saw a bad race. Not sure how much it’s changed in ten years.

I believe the R word gonna mess it all up
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Postponed. Rain.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST