Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 6th Annual Lucas Oil 100 Lucas Oil LM Dirt Series @ Macon Speedway Saturday April 27

The nations top dirt late model drivers will battle a strong contingent of local and regional standouts in the 6th Annual Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Lucas Oil 100. Macon Speedway is a 1/5-mile bullring that never disappoints! Don't miss the #LucasDirt action that includes a complete program - highlighted by a 100-lap, $12,000-to-win main event! Divisions: *Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series 6th Annual Lucas Oil 100 $12,000 To Win *BillingsleyRewards.com DIRTcar UMP Modifieds $1,000 To Win/$100 To Start *Neal Tire and Auto Service DIRTcar UMP Pro Mods (BMods) $300 To Win/$70 To Start Times: Pits: 3:00 Stands: 4:00 Local Pill Draw Ends: 5:45 Hot Laps: 6:00 Racing: 7:00 Grandstand Pricing: Adults – $30 Children 11 & Under – $5 Pit Pricing: Adults - $40 Children 11 & Under - $20 Host Hotel: Decatur Conference Center and Hotel 217.422.8800 Reserve Online @ https://res.windsurfercrs.com/ibe/de...IhiG_RmqUHNjdE

Coming from Alabama. Praying for great weather.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

been trying to visit a new track or two every year here lately. Macon has probably been my favorite. Went there last year for the Lucas race. Crazy how small the place is and amongst houses, but great racing. Definitely a must visit track if you've never been.

There is nowhere else quite like that place.

This race and The Herald & Review 100 are among the best dirt late model events in Illinois.

Mighty Macon doesn't get the credit it deserves for the quality and excitement of the late model racing that is held there.

The community of Macon, Illinois is 4 square in support of the track and it shows. If I was only able to attend 2 late model events a year the two 100 lapper's at Macon would be in the top 5 I would pick from.

Didn't Bobby Pierce win this last year?

This is a must-see event!

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    Didn't Bobby Pierce win this last year?
    Correct he did. He also won the Inaugural in 2014 as well as in 2016.

Best place to sit??
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    Best place to sit??
    Plenty of great seats front and back stretch side. Victory lane is done on the front stretch so if you want to see those festivities post race that would be the place to go.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    Best place to sit??
    dc, you'll want to be as close to the middle of the straightaway on either the front or backstretch. As the person posting for Track Enterprises said the victory lane festivities obviously take place on the front stretch. Height really doesn't matter all that much but like any other race track you'll want to be as high has possible.

Try a pork chop or rib eye sandwich. They are very good.

We might run into you. Have fun, it's a great event.

Anyone know order of events?

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    Late Models usually run last. HOWEVER... Bob runs a very efficient program and they're usually done before 10:00.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

I wish the pr guy could down size his pics on here lol

It's been our experience that the folks as Mighty Macon are somewhat reluctant to give an answer as to the order of the A-main's. Why? Good question.

We go to Mighty Macon at least 4 or 5 times a year for the past 12 to 15 years so we have a pretty good handle on how things go there. Ol' Sarge is highly averse to running the headliner A-main first or second. Sometimes it works out just fine, other times..............well, not so much. Ol' Bob will run them off pretty quickly but he has no control over excessive yellow's, etc., during the support class races. It's just the way it is at Macon but the risk is worth the rewards, especially if the track doesn't rubber up and lock down.

In the past it has been BMods Modifieds Late Models and will probably be that as well. Whatever the order, we will work to ensure this show is ran in a timely manner so that everyone can either go pitside and see the drivers or are able to make the journey to home or whatever their next destination is in a timely manner.

Check out the Facebook event for this race at https://www.facebook.com/events/2258614527717052/

Got a 3 hour drive home so just want to make sure it wont be too late. Lve coming to Macon!

I've been to 2 Herald & Review 100's within the last 4 years and I suggest anybody that's never been to go check it out .. I need to put the the Lucas Oil race on my agenda ..maybe in 2020?