For Immediate Release
April 8, 2019

Donald McIntosh Finishes Second with LOLMDS at 411 Motor Speedway
Schaeffer’s Oil Spring Nationals Doubleheader on Tap

Dawsonville, Georgia (04/08/19) – Donald McIntosh piloted his Blount Motorsports No. 7 Ole Ben Franklin Motors/ Stowers Cat/ XR1 Rocket Chassis/ Vic Hill Racing Engine Super Late Model to a runner-up finish with the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) on Friday night at 411 Motor Speedway.

The second-place run marked his best, career finish with the tour.

“Our car was pretty good, and we got in lapped traffic and I started getting excited because we were catching him [Ross Bailes]. I just couldn’t quite get to the lead, but man I’m still thrilled to finish second,” McIntosh said following the LOLMDS feature at 411 Motor Speedway. “I’m blessed to be back with Blount Motorsports, and we are really gaining some momentum. To start back where I did and to run up front with the Lucas Oil guys is just awesome.”

Thursday night saw Donald McIntosh in action at Volunteer Speedway (Bulls Gap, Tennessee), where he was behind the wheel of the Blount Excavating No. 7 Super Late Model entry for the Ultimate Southeast Series sanctioned Spring Thaw.

With 23 cars on hand, McIntosh locked his spot into the opening night feature with a fourth-place finish in his heat race. Coming one spot shy of a Top-5 finish, Donald improved four positions to place sixth.

The following night, McIntosh traveled to 411 Motor Speedway (Seymour, Tennessee) for the Tennessee’s Action Track 50. In a field of 29 Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) entries, McIntosh laid down the fastest time in his qualifying group before placing second in his heat behind Dale McDowell.

Earning the sixth-starting position for the $12,000-to-win A-Main, Donald gained four spots to reel in a runner-up finish behind Ross Bailes with Jimmy Owens, Jonathan Davenport, and Dale McDowell completing the Top-5 finishers. The finish marked the best of his career with the LOLMDS.

For full results from these events, please visit www.UltimateSupers.com and www.LucasDirt.com .

The upcoming weekend – April 12-13 – will take Donald into battle in a pair of Schaeffer’s Oil Spring Nationals events. On Friday night a $4,000-to-win program is set for Clay Valley Speedway (Coeburn, Virginia), while Saturday evening brings the team to Smoky Mountain Speedway (Maryville, Tennessee) for a $10,000-to-win race.

Donald currently sits second in the latest series points. For the complete standings as well as more information on the events, please visit www.SouthernNationalsSeries.com .

For more information on the weekend’s festivities, please visit www.SouthernNationalsSeries.com .
Donald McIntosh would like to thank his marketing partners, which include Stowers (CAT) Machinery Corp., Blount Excavating, Motion Control Suspension, Massey Electric, Turner Hydraulics, Ole Ben Franklin Motors, Food City, The Wine and Spirits Cellar and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Donald McIntosh, please visit www.DonaldMcIntoshRacing.com .