Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Default Josh

At least Cody and Scott are being upfront about it so far and laying the cards on the table for all to see....to your point of " it's not the first time it's happened", you are absolutely correct.

Most times that's done at the backdoor level though and far from on the up and up.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

hahaha........

I went back and read it , I laughed too.....

Maybe they will at least make it look legit, I hope it works out and Scott can do nothing but win again without his own circus.

deleted after being corrected.
    Last edited by klemmabyna; 04-10-2019 at 10:00 PM.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    excuse me for asking, but why does the no weak links team need a partnership with a guy that apparently didn't have enough money to take care of his offspring and ended up in jail during speedweeks?

admittedly don't know the details. just trying to make sense of this newest bloomquist TMJ story.
    This is a different Cody he’s partnered with.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

so what is the connection with this cody?
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

going back and deleting prior post. thanks josh.

hell bloomer should have hired ole TP, they could cheat their way to the points championship !!!

Humm. Some said it's a little fishy if a promotor has stake in a car. Boy, someone needs to talk to Forrest Lucas then.

foxfire2dirtracing

Josh Bayko:

Are you saying Shannon Buckingham & Robbie Moses shouldn’t race at Smoky Mountain Speedway, because Roger Sellers owns the track & also owns Double Down Motorsport.
    Josh doesn't need me to speak up for him, he can handle that just fine by himself. That said, I don't think he means these guys in a similar situation are doing anything illegal or totally unethical. He merely speaks the truth by saying it just doesn't smell quite right when a guy who has a vested interest is on both sides of the fence.

If there is ever a situation where ol' bloomy, or a car that he owns, wins big at a venue that is owned/promoted by his business partner, to be sure, there will by some questions posed, right or wrong, fairly or unfairly.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Josh doesn't need me to speak up for him, he can handle that just fine by himself. That said, I don't think he means these guys in a similar situation are doing anything illegal or totally unethical. He merely speaks the truth by saying it just doesn't smell quite right when a guy who has a vested interest is on both sides of the fence.

If there is ever a situation where ol' bloomy, or a car that he owns, wins big at a venue that is owned/promoted by his business partner, to be sure, there will by some questions posed, right or wrong, fairly or unfairly.
    That's basically exactly what I meant. It's not than anything shady is even going on in these situations, and I'll even admit, I doubt anything shady happens in 99.9% of the instances of this happening. it's just that the possibility of something shady happening is raised for sure. It's just not a good optic to put put out there.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I understand where you guys are coming from in your thoughts . But I personally don’t think that Cody would jeopardize his race track promotions to show any kind of favoritism toward Team 0. I think he has too much on the table ! But just my opinion.

And he's not stupid, he's a pretty forward thinking guy that doesn't mind taking a chance on something he believes in.

Quote Originally Posted by RaceEngineer View Post
    So, you are his accountant?

No, just familiar with the investment in the aviation company as well as what else his LLC, B&M Investors may be partnered in. He has more in vintage airplane collections than most of you will ever earn in your lives. You can look that up. So there's that, genius.
    The rest is common sense. He is a perfectionist, innovative and one heck of a marketing mind. The switch to 0, the skull and cross bones, always creating controversy? All done to keep the rumor mills and cash registers flowing. Making headlines and haters? It makes money, and he milks the heck out of that. People pay $500 just for a door panel for God sakes. He understands how to sell, and takes advantage of the image he has created. A person with his level of control and perfection, wouldn't jeopardize an amazing property, millions in vintage airplanes and equipment, his legacy and racing operation plus his families well being... by buying a $1,000,000 hauler if he was teetering on broke. He is smart enough to realize the driving portion of his career is closing down, and its time to bring in a business professional to grow and continue the brand going forward. It's smart, and you don't need an accountant to tell you that. His operation at this point, in motors and parts supplied by associate sponsors, is self sustaining. He makes money hand over fist, and every negative post started on 4M just feeds that wallet I figured an engineer would be smart enough to realize all this on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by heinen81 View Post
    No, just familiar with the investment in the aviation company as well as what else his LLC, B&M Investors may be partnered in. He has more in vintage airplane collections than most of you will ever earn in your lives. You can look that up. So there's that, genius. The rest is common sense. He is a perfectionist, innovative and one heck of a marketing mind. The switch to 0, the skull and cross bones, always creating controversy? All done to keep the rumor mills and cash registers flowing. Making headlines and haters? It makes money, and he milks the heck out of that. People pay $500 just for a door panel for God sakes. He understands how to sell, and takes advantage of the image he has created. A person with his level of control and perfection, wouldn't jeopardize an amazing property, millions in vintage airplanes and equipment, his legacy and racing operation plus his families well being... by buying a $1,000,000 hauler if he was teetering on broke. He is smart enough to realize the driving portion of his career is closing down, and its time to bring in a business professional to grow and continue the brand going forward. It's smart, and you don't need an accountant to tell you that. His operation at this point, in motors and parts supplied by associate sponsors, is self sustaining. He makes money hand over fist, and every negative post started on 4M just feeds that wallet I figured an engineer would be smart enough to realize all this on their own.
    Very well stated, there are just a handful on here that act like Bloomer couldn't buy a sick monkey breakfast. I have a hard time figuring out if they're just stirring the pot or if they're just too stupid to figure things out!

Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Bloomquist footage from bike week:

https://youtu.be/qnI8Tp3yXyU

If he has got so much money why didn't he hire a manager instead of letting somebody buy in.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    If he has got so much money why didn't he hire a manager instead of letting somebody buy in.
    My guess, and a guess is all anyone has at this point, would be after he hops out of the seat, he sells controlling interest in the company to Cody or a group of investors including Cody, and stays on as a partner and stake holder. Basically a retirement plan. I believe Cody is coming in to grow the chassis and component side of things while establishing a house team to be on the road after Scott winds down. I am sure they have a 5 year plan and that includes more mass production chassis/component building more along the lines of a major Chassis Manufacturer. Things that are all not possible now given his schedule and time on the road. For him to handle the business side AND the production side all on his own, isn't feasible. JMO

All of that makes absolutely perfect sense.....I hope you are right on every count.