Thread: Bent frame

Default Bent frame

My frame is bent right behind the crossmember. Measuring a 1/2" off by measuring to the side frame holes to the center hole of the crossmember.Is it trash? Leaning towards clipping it but I've never clipped a metric Monte, anyone have any tips if I go this route?

Quote Originally Posted by WOT114 View Post
    My frame is bent right behind the crossmember. Measuring a 1/2" off by measuring to the side frame holes to the center hole of the crossmember.Is it trash? Leaning towards clipping it but I've never clipped a metric Monte, anyone have any tips if I go this route?
    Where you from? Start asking around for a frame shop that works on race cars. They can fix cars that are bent bad, and it sounds like yours inst that bad.

If they do a lot of race cars they will be able to tell you right away if they can get it straight and they usually dont charge much. Ive had 2 frames fixed and both times it was less then 200 bucks.

I highly doubt that this can be pulled out. It's in the meat of the frame between crossmember and lower a-arm rear bolt hole

If the frame is not badly crinkled anywhere, a good frame shop can fix it. The fix may involve first cutting some of the cage loose from the frame, and then re-attaching the cage once the frame has been straightened. Look for a frame shop that does frame straightening on commercial trucks. These guys usually know what they are doing.

Check everything over is it in a critical area .If wheel base is off can you slot lower control arm holes to correct it.1\2 inch is not a lot considering how much beating and banging these cars do. I have had cars bent that worked better bent than straight just some food for thought.

I had a metric pure stock bent back 8" in the same place. My local friendly body shop pulled it for $100.00 and got the wheelbase within 1/4" of spec.

Truck frame shopsdo stuff like this everyday...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019