Default Davenport/Slocum 50 MLRA this weekend

Looks like the weather is going to be great for this weekend in eastern Iowa for the MLRA series. Drivers per websitesShannon Babb Bobby Pierce Dennis Erb JrChase Junghans Chad Simpson Chris Simpson Jimmy Mars Frank Heckenast jr (Burlington)Will VaughtPeyton Looney Mitch McgrafBrian Shirley, Jason Feger, Ryan Unzicker, I haven't seen if they are coming or not. Regardless should be a great show!

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke4Ever View Post
    Looks like the weather is going to be great for this weekend in eastern Iowa for the MLRA series. Drivers per websitesShannon Babb Bobby Pierce Dennis Erb JrChase Junghans Chad Simpson Chris Simpson Jimmy Mars Frank Heckenast jr (Burlington)Will VaughtPeyton Looney Mitch McgrafBrian Shirley, Jason Feger, Ryan Unzicker, I haven't seen if they are coming or not. Regardless should be a great show!
    What you smoking four ever?

List format looks cooler, more readable. It’s in setting if that’s what got ya. Basic editor.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Second closest track to home. For you speed junkies, this big half mile delvers just that....MPH

Mud, are they definitely running on the 1/2 mile? Someone told me differently.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Mud, are they definitely running on the 1/2 mile? Someone told me differently.
    MLRA web site says on the half mile and they return to Davenport May 3rd on the quarter?

Friday is on the 1/2 mile, which looks awesome! Tons of work done to it!!! And May 3rd on the 1/4 mile. Let’s go racing!!!!

Chad gotta be the favorite..

Thanks for the info. I definitely will make the drive up there. Wish they raced the 1/2 mile more often. About the only one around these parts.
    8/13/16

The racing is almost always better on the 1/4 mile track.

Back in the day, you could watch the Drive in theater going into turn three. Of course they could hear us.

Kyle Bronson will be at both.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

I was at the track today. They’ve done great work to widen and open up the corners and the front straightaway is at least twice as wide as it was last year. Killed the banking off the 1/4 mile track to open things up. Should make for more passing. Love the facility, always nice and clean. And love tracks in the middle of town. Let’s go racing!!!!

Can't wait to see the new and improved historic half-mile at possibly my favorite racing venue.

Mars took it off his schedule. Likely to busy at the shop trying to keep up with orders for late models, mods and mid west mods.
    Last edited by Mud; 04-17-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Always look forward to making the trip west on I-80 to the Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds, especially when they're running on the 1/2 mile and this event is no exception!

It'll be great to see what they've done with the big track.

With true 1/2 mile dirt tracks getting fewer and fewer every year it's a treat to see them hang 'em out. I know there are many who much prefer the slam bang, knock 'em out of the way bull rings and I'm in agreement with those sentiments but once in a while it's good to see the boys race at a joint that requires some finesse' and patience.

Kyle Bronson will be at both events per Twitter.

Hudson O’Neal @ Davenport and Burlington.
    Tyler Erb @ Burlington

Davenport, Cedar Rapids (dirt) and Iowa State Fairgrounds- some of the coolest facilities to go to as a kid. Davenport survives, hopefully one day I can come back and catch a race there again. Now they just need to put the theatre back outside turns 3&4 so the kids can slip over and watch a 'late night' movie after the races...

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    Davenport, Cedar Rapids (dirt) and Iowa State Fairgrounds- some of the coolest facilities to go to as a kid. Davenport survives, hopefully one day I can come back and catch a race there again. Now they just need to put the theatre back outside turns 3&4 so the kids can slip over and watch a 'late night' movie after the races...
    the Bel Air drive in.......Fogged up a few windows there in my day.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Always look forward to making the trip west on I-80 to the Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds, especially when they're running on the 1/2 mile and this event is no exception!

It'll be great to see what they've done with the big track.

With true 1/2 mile dirt tracks getting fewer and fewer every year it's a treat to see them hang 'em out. I know there are many who much prefer the slam bang, knock 'em out of the way bull rings and I'm in agreement with those sentiments but once in a while it's good to see the boys race at a joint that requires some finesse' and patience.

Absolutely. Nothing better than seeing some late models get out and stretch the legs a bit. Love everything about Davenport especially that trick entrance into turn 1.