Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Why so many disqualifications in Crate Late Model racing?

https://insidedirtracing.com/turn-2-...-model-racing/

The Crate Late Model class seems to have more DQ's than the other classes. We discuss the reasons why.

Yea, there cheating, did you actually think it wasn't going to happen ?

That is a good thing.

Cheating in the crate division has been goin on since it's inception. One of the reasons my brother sold his car and quit racing.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Cheating in the crate division has been goin on since it's inception. One of the reasons my brother sold his car and quit racing.
    It happens a lot. It happens less than guys who are not winning think.

Quote Originally Posted by RaceEngineer View Post
    It happens a lot. It happens less than guys who are not winning think.
    We have been out of it so long now I don't have a clue what goes on today

its not the cheating , its having to buy that expensive crate specific part that is legal in the rule book , this is what killed the original intent of the crate class.....JMO......

I run crates in the East TN area, since late 2013. That's actually the class where I started my dirt track racing in. I felt it was the best option for me since many local area tracks ran them, or let them run with limited late models. Now that I got a few years of experience, we are focusing on running more sanctioned races that have better tech. I understand that cheating still goes on, but that's something you will never see my team do. I guess honesty and integrity is a lost cause and it's all about winning anymore. I may never win alot of races, but the ones that I do... I'll have earned them the right way.

Because there are 2 points made in the article that go directly against the original intent of crate racing: 1, unsealed "rebuilt" engines by various builders. 2, the need to tear and engine down to tech it. The core intent of crate racing is that if it's factory sealed it's legal. There's no need to open an engine that has never been unsealed from the factory. (yes I'm well aware of fake seals and bolts...yes...) When crate racing moved away from those two core principles they screwed the pooch on it.

We did the crates when it first came out and it was awesome because the cheating hadn’t begun. Now....haha. It’s a total joke. Sad. The intent was great...the product however is a train wreck because of like the other guy said. Unsealed engines and fake bolts. Trust me if your running legal..you’re going to get run over.

Got caught too often did he. hahahahahaahaa

When Durrence Layne took over from NeSmith they said they were going to expose the names of cheaters everywhere, but now looks like they are covering and protecting the cheaters - instead of broadcasting their names for everyone to see ! I could be wrong JMO

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    its not the cheating , its having to buy that expensive crate specific part that is legal in the rule book , this is what killed the original intent of the crate class.....JMO......
    Yep, and I believe they run the same shocks as super lates.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Yep, and I believe they run the same shocks as super lates.
    They were cheating with the motors and then yes they started using shocks the supers were using and it got quite expensive to keep up with and be competitive. My brother decided it wasn't worth it with all the cheating and all the light weight expensive parts to win 400.00
    Last edited by kidrock; 04-18-2019 at 04:34 PM.

They were cheating with the motors and then yes they started using shocks the supers were using and it got quite expensive to keep up with and be competitive. My brother decided it wasn't worth it with all the cheating and all the light weight expensive parts to win 400.00
    You’re exactly right. At one time they were paying around $400 most places. $400-$600. And spending a lot. But no different than a super to win $1200 I guess.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

CnB true that, the supers are in the same boat with low pay and high dollar cars.

trust me, i know for a fact there was cheating from the very start, i will not say names but a very well known racer that helped start it never had a legal motor

One of the big expenses from what the racers at TST tell me is the outrageous amount of cabbage the racers spend on the carburetors. When ever the top 3 after a main at TST have to get teched, and they do a extensive teardown, the racers bloody howl like Lon Chaney!!

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

The reason there is more disqualifications in Crates is because there is more Tech, plain and simple.

No disrespect, but that was a very poor article/blog or whatever you call it.....they sounded anti-crate and not very knowledgeable about Crate racing in general.

its not cheating if you can afford to stretch the rule to there very limit.......like mark said , with no carb rule , its amazing what a 2000 $ carb will do to one of these engines over a box stock 600 holley....
    Last edited by fastford; 04-18-2019 at 07:47 PM.