Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Fully Torqued View Post
    Also, how are you supposed to get an advantage if everyone has the same thing and you can't tamper with the engine??
    you buy it.............

I wonder every single time I watch a Crate race if the winner did not cheat, sorry but this class is messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    I wonder every single time I watch a Crate race if the winner did not cheat, sorry but this class is messed up.
    Ah yes. Considering 99% of you are immune to reason, watching the beautiful destruction of short track racing gives me a rush of schadenfreude.
    Last edited by Fully Torqued; 04-22-2019 at 09:33 PM.

FT , we have all agreed short track racing , along with about every other form of racing is in trouble , and i commend the THOUGHT of crate racing being an avenue away from expense , but it seems that was only in theory , it was never really implemented.......that explains your 99%...........

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    FT , we have all agreed short track racing , along with about every other form of racing is in trouble , and i commend the THOUGHT of crate racing being an avenue away from expense , but it seems that was only in theory , it was never really implemented.......that explains your 99%...........
    Talk about naive hey FF?

They aftermarket all the outside stuff to look stock. Unless you tear it apart, you don’t know. And then all the stuff that is “legal”, but crate specific to squeeze an extra 5 hp out of it.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

You would be correct sir!

i am not a crate fan , mainly because at the beginning , they never allowed the little ford engine to participate , they said it was lighter and made a little more torque and bla bla bla , but thats not the only reason , i know for a fact ford said , look , tell us what we need to do to make it right and the powers that be said nope , not interested , why? because they wanted a monopoly on the power plant , in other words " MONEY" , now that that is secured , they want all the rest of the money that folks are willing to spend to try and win that 500 bucks , like i said , good theory , just never was , or intended to be implemented......

Also, how are you supposed to get an advantage if everyone has the same thing and you can't tamper with the engine??
    Learn to set your car up better than the others.

i am not a crate fan , mainly because at the beginning , they never allowed the little ford engine to participate , they said it was lighter and made a little more torque and bla bla bla , but thats not the only reason , i know for a fact ford said , look , tell us what we need to do to make it right and the powers that be said nope , not interested , why? because they wanted a monopoly on the power plant , in other words " MONEY" , now that that is secured , they want all the rest of the money that folks are willing to spend to try and win that 500 bucks , like i said , good theory , just never was , or intended to be implemented......
    You would like the Fla Late Model Series. They have started a trend with other tracks allowing the 347 Ford crate!
    Booooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    You would like the Fla Late Model Series. They have started a trend with other tracks allowing the 347 Ford crate!
    Booooooooo!
    yes sir , i would like that , but if you dont have good rules and ENFORCE them , then it would not matter any way......BTW dont be hating on them blue ovals now .....lol.....

we ran into that with the 400hp mopar crate engine. they didn't like the shaft rockers or 2.14 intake valves. shouldn't matter if its untouched factory 400 HP

Why so many disqualifications? Because when you tech, you find illegal parts somewhere in the field almost every time. If the 2 top sanctioning bodies in open late model racing actually fully enforced their rules, there would be lots of DQ's there also, but that's not good for business.

Ah yes. Considering 99% of you are immune to reason, watching the beautiful destruction of short track racing gives me a rush of schadenfreude.
    Or was it a heroin shot????

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Booooooooo!
    Where can I get the rules for this series ?

Quote Originally Posted by old17ford View Post
    Where can I get the rules for this series ?
    At Volusia Speedway Parks website. The promoter at VSP is the owner of the series.

They have a Facebook page as well.

Being a crate racer the biggest reason I think is because so rules will say untouched motors from the factory and some say they can be blue printed but keep certain parts. So its really not a illegal motor in parts such as cams and big things that make horsepower. Almost every track especially weekly racing divisions has their own twist on a rule. Alot of racers will take a chance by going to race at said track so they can race different tracks or other wise their tied down to one track or area. Like I said it isnt alway there straight up illegal it really depends on where you are at to weather the motor is legal or not. And most engine builders really want go into detail whats really in the motor they built and a racer cant really tear it apart to see whats in the motor without breaking the seals. Just my thoughts.