Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Brian Birkhofer ??

Saw last night he was obviously at 34 raceway for the Slocum. What’s the deal with the number he was running? Who’s the car owner of the car? Anyone know future plans ?

Thanks

It looked to be the same car he ran last year, just had that number on it. Not claiming to know anything, but maybe him and Rauen worked things out?

Either way, I was happy to see his name back out there.

Rauen owned car, van Halen album name and it's a new car or was reportedly a new car.

Clearly there was never a “falling out”. Look for him to be at the track soon!

I hope so, always enjoyed him.

Neither Birkhofer or Rauen made the feature? I don't see their names in the results.

Birkhofer got into the wall in qualifying and didn't come back out for heats.

Brian needs to get out there more and knock the rust off. He is better than that. Good luck Brian.

Brian and Jimmy Mars need to resolve their differences. They once had a great ability to share ideas. Brian needs to settle down and get the past behind him for his own peace of mind. He has nothing to prove.
    Last edited by Mud; 04-26-2019 at 11:07 AM.

What was the issue between Brian and Jimmy?

Quote Originally Posted by gumby_32d View Post
    What was the issue between Brian and Jimmy?
    It’s been a private matter, not out anywhere. I will say, they were both better as a team. Really doing well, then they lost their speed secret for a touch, or had a spat, and broke up. I just remember one minute they were really strong, the next, off a little bit and Birky jumps in a Rocket I think.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Just a question: Are they not brother in laws ?

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    Just a question: Are they not brother in laws ?
    I don't believe they are. You may be thinking of Simpson and Eckrich.

All MB Customs are and always have been designed and built only at mars racing. The Idea that Jimmy owes Brian any money is a myth. Brian only sold a hand full of those cars which he then ordered from Mars. When Brian left for family obligations MB Customs became Mars Brothers Customs. Due to the large volume of orders Jimmy has run a limited race schedule for years. Mars is a Race Car Dealer and deals in new and used Late Models, Mods and MW Mods. Orders are so backed up that Jimmy no longer has the time to even race at home. Mars Racing is also a Rocket Dealer. Mars will be building race cars long into the future.
    Last edited by Mud; 04-28-2019 at 09:53 AM.

all birky got was free frames.

Do you have some way to back up. It may be he only was sent a box of nuts and bolts? Where did the handful of cars Brian sold come from?
    Last edited by Mud; 04-28-2019 at 10:29 AM.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by AzDirtRacin3 View Post
    They worked together to build cars and sell cars. Brian sold cars, money went into Jimmy's bank account and Brian NEVER got what was due to him from Jimmy. Jimmy used Brian for his knowledge and ability to sell equipment but Jimmy didn't wanna pay Brian. This is the story I was told several years ago.
    Pay Brian for what?
    All the MB cars have been and are currently built at Mars place.
    Jimmy used Brian? Jimmy's shop built his cars. Brian got paid...in the form of chassis.
    Brian never got what was due him??? That's laughable. In this age of lawsuits and creative property rights, you don't think these two guys didn't have an agreement in priciple in writing. If Birky was truly owed $$, he wouldn't just walk away and let it go. He'd file a breach of contract lawsuit and collect. So, what should that tell you?

Take a look at what countless drivers/teams have personally posted on their social media accounts about Jimmy and his staff, and the help/support they provide to customers.

Birky made a Big Boy decision to retire from racing and spend more time with his family. A choice, everyone but Birky fans are apparently ok with. He drives Rockets now b/c that's what Eckrich runs. When you get a car to drive for FREE, to comeback as you pick and choose, you don't slap a gift horse in the face.
    (* correction, Rauen not Eckrich, but the point holds true)

Everybody misses Birky, but let's not re-write history Blutarski style, and claim the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.
    Last edited by Zonks32x; 04-29-2019 at 07:57 PM.

AZDirtRacing3
    You are a real piece of work !
    Dirt Racing don’t need your type !

Default Rumor

Quote Originally Posted by AzDirtRacin3 View Post
    I truly don't give two $h!ts as to what happened. I repeated what I was told at the Wild West Shootout in Tucson Arizona 5 f@ck!ng years ago. Get over yourself. if you truly know what happened, tell us all. I told what I was told. So what.
    Definition of Rumor. A piece of unverified information of uncertain origin usually spread by word of mouth. 2. Unverified information received from another; hearsay.

The last year or two years of Birky in his own stuff was in Rockets, IIRC. The Birky part of MB customs was pretty short lived.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!