Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Southern All Stars Announces Schedule Adjustments

Southern All Star Dirt Racing Series
    P O Box 189 Fayetteville, TN 37334 256-924-4546

FOLLOW THE SOUTHERN ALL STAR DIRT RACING SERIES @:
    www.sasdirt.com www.facebook/southernallstardirtracingseries.com twitter @sasdirt

SOUTHERN ALL STAR DIRT RACING SERIES PR#10

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Southern All Star Dirt Racing Series Announces Schedule Adjustments

FAYETTEVILLE, TN—The Southern All Star Dirt Racing Series presented by MaxFab announces a few schedule adjustments that will take place. The rained out event this past Saturday night at the Thunderhill Raceway Park has been rescheduled for Saturday night May 4th.

This date became available as Duck River Raceway Park in Wheel, TN., has decided to cancel their two Southern All-Star events that were set to run May 4th and June 29th.

The series has also added an additional race at the Richmond Raceway in Richmond, KY., on Friday night May 31st the Night Before the Mike a $3,000 to win Southern All-Star event to accompany the $6,000 to win event on Saturday night June 1st. Also if you win both of these events you will receive an additional $500 bonus.

The next two races for the Southern All Stars will take place Friday & Saturday night April 26th & 27th, Friday night the series will be at the Smoky Mt Raceway in Maryville, TN., for a 40 lap $5,000 to win event and then on Saturday night the series will be at the Talladega Short Track in Eastaboga, AL., for a 40 lap $4,000 to win event.

For more information concerning the Southern All Stars contact Lynn Acklin - General Manager: 256-924-4546 www.sasdirt.com

2019 SOUTHERN ALL STAR POINTS STANDINGS PRESENTED BY MAXFAB: 1.Riley Hickman 266; 2.David Breazeale 260; 3.Zach Leonhardi 256; 4.Jay Scott 242; 5.Andrew Littleton 224; 6.Billy Franklin 220; 7.Mark Dodson 204; 8.Neal Baggett 194; 9.J R Moseley 174; 10.Joseph Joiner 172

2019 CRUISE WITH THE CHAMPIONS/DIRTONDIRT.COM ROOKIE OF THE YEAR: 1.Zach Leonhardi 68; 2.Billy Franklin 63; 3.Andrew Littleton 62; 4.Austin Arnold 58 5.J R Moseley 38.

2019 AR Bodies Challenge.

UPCOMING SOUTHERN ALL STAR DIRT RACING SERIES EVENT:

April 26-Smoky Mt Speedway-Maryville, TN-$5,000
    April 27-Talladega Short Track-Eastaboga, AL-$4,000
    May 4-Thunderhill Raceway-Summertown, TN-$4,000

2019 Southern All Star Dirt Racing Series Sponsors:
    *Hoosier Racing Tire “The Official Race Tire” of the Southern All Star Dirt Racing Series *Patriot Sports “The Official Merchandise Vendor” of the Southern All Star Dirt Racing Series *Sunoco Race Fuel “The Official Racing Fuel” of the Southern All Star Dirt Racing Series*MaxFab Presenting Sponsor, Rugged Radios Official Communications of the Southern All Stars Dirt Racing Series, *Contingency Connection* Official Contingency Sponsor of the Southern All Star Dirt Racing Series

2019 Southern All Star Dirt Racing Series Marketing Partners Include: AR Bodies, Brodix Cylinder Heads, , COR Suspensions, Cruise with the Champions, DirtonDirt.com, H3 Performance Graphics, Integra Racing Shocks, , MSR Mafia Web Design and Service, PPM Racing Products, RockAuto.com, 36 Racing & Fabrication, BrakeOMeter; Dirt Car Lift, Knowles Race Parts, Hawaiian Island Shine, Racing Junk

Southern All Star Dirt Racing Series -P.O. Box 189-Fayetteville, Tennessee 37334-

Second or third year in a row Drrp has cancelled sas. Anyone know the scoop between Bob and SAS?? Tire thing?

Have not seen anything on their site about why cancelling the SAS races, and can't even find a schedule for DRRP !?

I heard that Bob lost big money on his WOO show and that he was cutting back on the SLM tours for now. YOu know Bob he wakes up in a different world everyday

He can blame it on woo if he wants too but those races were never on the schedule at the start of the year I new they weren't going to run those races.

If he would build some grandstands he might make some money when you fill the grandstands an don't makes any money you should figure it out.

I heard and know for a fact he brought in over $27,000 just in the grandstands during the Woo race not counting the Pitts which was jam packed at $40 a lick

I just don’t see how you lose money when having Outlaws or Lucas. Tracks are packed out every time they come to town.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Question

Does anyone know how much WoO and/or Lucas sanctioning fees are?

I've heard $40-50k for National races and $15-20k for regionals. Ult,SAS

I know WOO sanction fees are $8,500 plus you have to let the contract drivers in free, the purse is around $50,000 plus locals, advertising, insurance and help you looking at a 65-70K investment to put one on and I can see where you can lose on the WOO show, that is expensive folks

Everyone’s least favorite subject apparently......math.

1500 @ 30 $45000
    750 @ 40 $30000

Total gate $75000
    Concessions $7500
    Total income $82500

Lucas/WoO purse fees/ insurance $72500
    Advertising $2500
    Purse for local divisions (assuming 3 classes) $5000
    Food/supplies $2500

Total $82500

And you haven’t paid a power bill, wrecker service, ambulance, or track workers yet.

Some are home runs, but you get dealt a bad hand weather wise and it can go south in a hurry. I have no doubt Duck River probably did take in $27,000 at the front gate. Bad part is that’s way short of where he needed to be.

I can agree with those numbers especially here in the south. We do not have the crowds at the tacks they have up north as you see why that 75% of the national tours race their races up north. Too much of a chance with tracks in the south too much to do during the weekend, racing in the south is not a top priority as it is up north to the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by LMNED10 View Post
    I can agree with those numbers especially here in the south. We do not have the crowds at the tacks they have up north as you see why that 75% of the national tours race their races up north. Too much of a chance with tracks in the south too much to do during the weekend, racing in the south is not a top priority as it is up north to the fans.
    Regional racing in the south seems much stronger to me then in PA/oh/wv

Racing up north way better I’ll agree with that.

But I’m really curious how N Ga made out with the Lucas race. The place was beyond packed. ...Lucas race at The Mag same thing.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

And when you have 5,000 or 6,000 fans?????

I can agree on those fans numbers no tracks down here have those kind o numbers to pull in to make any money with one of those shows. Also, I think that we have too long of a racing season in the south we practically race year-round down here so we burn fans out on racing.

B_K ...

Your example of 2,250 fans and $7,500 taken in for concessions equates to less than $3.50 per fan. The last time I spent less than $5 at the concession stand was ... never. I agree with your overall point, but that concession figure is way off.

Quote Originally Posted by LMNED10 View Post
    I’m curious as to what your dividing point is for north and south, and what you mean by too much to do during the weekend in the south?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    B_K ...

Your example of 2,250 fans and $7,500 taken in for concessions equates to less than $3.50 per fan. The last time I spent less than $5 at the concession stand was ... never. I agree with your overall point, but that concession figure is way off.
    Except I’d bet 1/3 to 1/2 don’t spend a dime at the concession stand. Especially at tracks that allow coolers. I can’t remember the last time I spent more than 5-7 bucks at a track stand.

My purse for three classes is probably 1200-1500 low.