Default Orange rocket blue/grey front

Looking for some good center to center and smash numbers, getting back in the game after a ten year absence. Got a heck of a deal on a barely run 13 orange car with the gray right front package on it. Running 604 crate motor. I know some guys love these cars and others say to cut them up and buy a blue but I got what I got and need a good starting point. I appreciate any assistance/advice you offer. Thanks

Those cars work ok with the blue/gray front end but to my knowledge you dont just bolt it on. It needs clipped. At least the few I know of were. The rear of those cars can be made to work especially in a limited HP application. The front end not so much without some changes.

You don't need to clip it and you can run the complete blue / gray front suspension. Their very ridged compared to a blue grey car witch makes their sweet spot smaller but that is very similar to how the new cars are built. You can use the same center to center numbers as a blue grey to start. All though if you call rocket they only have narrow front numbers.

Lf 16.700, 600# rf 17.750, 650# lr 20.00 720# , rr 20.250, 250#. Most guys around here are using 18.250 center to center on the rf when running the wide front end same ride height load. All but the rf wide # is straight from rocket

Wow, is that a miss print on the rear numbers? 250 lbs on the RR? and 470 lbs of LR bite?

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    Wow, is that a miss print on the rear numbers? 250 lbs on the RR? and 470 lbs of LR bite?
    Smasher load does not equal wheel load. I am at 700# pin to pin on the LR and 350# on the RR. I am not at 350# of LR on the scales.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Yeah i did that, didnt i, hmmm...

Anyway, i still find it interesting, just studying on something is all.

Just say no...

What 4-link brackets do you have in the car?

13 should have rocket 1 mounts

Orange Car Has UNique 4 link Brackets... IIRC The correct coilover drop settings @ birdcage are imperative to usable/viable smash #'s Wide RF deal on car? What OAL RF shock?

Quote Originally Posted by CCHIEF View Post
    Orange Car Has UNique 4 link Brackets... IIRC The correct coilover drop settings @ birdcage are imperative to usable/viable smash #'s Wide RF deal on car? What OAL RF shock?
    If you change the drop, you just have to change the pin to pin accordingly. Ride height will tell you if it's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by RaceEngineer View Post
    If you change the drop, you just have to change the pin to pin accordingly. Ride height will tell you if it's wrong.
    Really...C’mon man

Yes. Really. People mostly just set the ride height on RR. On the LR, you actually measure the open load in at least one point. That gives you another point to compensate for a different motion ratio. It's still a baseline. You still adjust the car accordingly. The concept is not that much different than putting it on the scales.Those drop numbers affect the car same as the year 2008. If you had different drop but the same ride height as another guy, you still had a bit different setup.
    Last edited by RaceEngineer; 05-14-2019 at 07:02 AM.

Cool

My previous reply was tongue in cheek.